Usergroups
The worst CRPGs you ever played...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

I'm changing My mind about Morrowind I'm giving it a chance.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:57 pm
RuySan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Heimdall 2. Maybe it's not an RPG, but i loved the 1st one so much (on the amiga) that it was a big disappointment.
Silver (i'm surprised that no one mentioned)
Summoning (it's not bad, but the last part of the game is beyond boring)
Stonekeep (it was good at first, but became boring and verryyy buggy near the end)
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:29 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Please... all of these games listed... ultima 9, descent into undermountain.... etc... all kick ass compared to:

Black Labels Fellowship of the ring game.

Its like books on tape meets mario world. 3d animations read you fellowship of the ring ( no matter what anyone says an extremely boring book) and then cut to little jumping avoid the ringwraiths and collect mushrooms game.

Thats the worst game Ive ever seen. And somehow it was on 3 cds.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:24 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by stanthony
Sure it is. NWN is as good as it gets - hell, it is the first game based on such engine, it is the first time experience of such a customizable game (I mean user modifications), it has less bugs than could be expected , the single-player gameplay could be better, but then again - get IWD2 for a perfect single-player D&D 3rd edition game.

NWN may be not the best game ever, but it is certainly a nice RPG and a further step in CRPG evolution. Thank you very much

NWN is good- but PS:T is better And I still have a soft spot for BG. It was the first RPG I really played for long stretches at a time (to the extent my other half had to come and drag me away from the PC to go to work). IWD is also a superb example of what gameplay should be.

Worse game. I have three (I think)...

Morrowind- you have no idea how deflating it is to constantly get lost and attacked and killed by stupid crabs.... but it was a good game, I'm just a spacca with no co-ordination skills.

Arcanum- I hate really bad inventory systems.

Diablo 2- too repetitive, no story

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:42 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

I don't know about worst ever but recently for me the ones I have had bad times with are:

I tried to play Icewind Dale 2 for the second time tonight ... just starts too slow, graphics are way too dated for my taste and I really don't like controlling an entire party. I knew all this before I bought it but I bought it anyway ... oh well.

NWN has a great editor and very cool multiplayer, but the single player game that came in the box is horrendously boring for me. I had to stop in Chapter 2 it was just too drawn out and strange to not be able to go back to the old areas and re-explore. I also didn't like that it has no sky and no ceilings.

I couldn't get into Arcanum either ... just too boring in the beginning, and the graphics, well, they are way outdated. I think I just have a hard time playing games that aren't 3d anymore ... and it's odd cause I'm an older gamer and I love good stories and you'd think I could overlook flash for a good story but I like to have 3d graphics AND a good story.

Oh yeah Clans bites alot of ass chunks, I have that pile of dung somewhere in an old box of games. Bought that back when I was going RPG nutty and buying anything that looked even remotely cool.

I'm ALOT pickier nowadays ... I really don't plan to buy any 2d games ever again, with the exception of Lionheart. It looks promissing, it doesn't make you create an entire dumbass party and it has an interesting premise.

Games in which you control an entire party just feel like strategy games to me and I don't much like strategy games. I prefer Fallout system of party memebers where they are more or less independent and don't require me to tell them to move etc. I only want to control and 'become' one character thanks devs.

Please be aware that the previous is all based soley on divine fact. Anyone eluding to anything contrary to my FACTS is obviously mentally handicapped and looking for a nice hospital to retire in. LOL ... just kidding, I'm sure my opinions will be held by some and strongly countered by others but please be aware they are merely my opinions not any kind of condemnation of previously mentioned games (with the exception of Clans cause that games sucks hard hard hard rooster).
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:40 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Icewind dale 2 also is the only game I could not bring up enough enthusiasm to get starting past the beginning in the last year.

I cant say why either I would not describe it as bad but for some reason I think it looks very ugly.
Not having played it much, I can say that of all the rpgs Ive played it has the worst opening sequence to try and draw the player in.
The story is youre dropped off and goblins are attacking the town.
The opening quests are search the small town and move back and forth with little things.

The only other game I played in that series was baldurs gate, and it was about 100 times more interesting. Plain and simple it had better graphic artists.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:19 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Of all the recent games, PoR2 is the worst by far and I really tried to like it. Perhaps the biggest disappointment for me was Dungeon Siege. A pretty game, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring with no story, just repetative battles. I gave up less than half way thru.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:53 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I know a lot of ppl will disagree with me, but my very least favorite RPG is Morrowind. It worked great on my computer, and the graphics were fairly impressive but the music was odd and annoying and the story, to me, basically sucked and i think buying it was a complete waist of money
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:25 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have only a few disappointments:

Dungeon siege was boring.

Fallout had great story, dialogue and setting (original), but combat was retarded.

Divine Divinity had a completely moronic story (Hi Diablo) and world (too much jokes while trying to be serious), ugh.

Gothic. Very UN-userfriendly, and a bore at some times, with a bit strange story. I wouldn't even call it a real RPG, since you had a fixed role with NO costumability, I felt that I was playing a RPG-Adventure hybrid at times.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5