Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Next KOTOR
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

What characters do you want to see return in KOTOR3?
Reven
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
HK-47
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Handmaden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mandalor/Canderous
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Atton Rand
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Thread
Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Next KOTOR

When is the next KOTOR coming out? I beat KOTOR, was totally addicted to KOTOR2. I want a KOTOR3 with all the planets, Reven, HK-47, the new Character, and a new adventure. I love the games, I want to fight through the temples, explore the enclaves, everything. KOTOR3 can be the best ever. When is it coming out? I know its a lot to ask but Im really excited. I hope it is soon.

Well this quick update is to give 1 more character on the poll and ask if anyone has info on KOTOR3.

Last edited by Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:19 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, I want both Atton and Canderous back, but since the latter already was in two games, my vote goes to Atton.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:48 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Atton came in a close second ... but my vote *has* to go to HK-47. He's got the best lines in the game - his pure unadulterated love of mayhem is *such* a delight. Especially when playing the darkside. I was just sorry that I got so little exposure to him in KotOR 2 when playing the darkside. His comments at my random acts of violence and cruelty were priceless!
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:35 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

HK-47 gets my vote, hands down. I'd like to see the story continued with Revan and the Exile. Canderous would probably make a reappearance in a story with Revan, since Revan is having Canderous build him/her an army (worthy of Morder!).
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:12 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Who do I want to see? Revan! As the PC! And of course, HK-47 guarding his back. But apart from the obvious hm, lemme think... Canderous, Bastila, T3-M4 ? I'm not sure who do I want to see most. Atton and other KotOR2 characters would be good too, but it would only make sense if the Exile was there too.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:04 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would like to see the best character ever. Challenge, but since challenge was absent from the first 2 kotors I doubt he will make an appearance in 3. I guess I'm sol, so I might as well skip it.
Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:14 pm
Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would like to see Atris and vandar return. With Reven, The Exile, Handmaden, (CONTINUED ROMANCE WITH HANDMADEN AND EXILE.), HK-47, that pain in the *** astromec droid, Mandelor, and Atton Rand. That would be an awsome group, or if mission came back as an adult with Zalbar. That might be cool. Jolie Bindo,(OLD FART) had some good lines. But Jolie, Vandar, and Atris would just be on the councel. The planet of Korribans temples opened to all searchers. Especially the one with the battle droids guarding it. That would all be cool.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:29 am
Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

who is Challenge
Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:25 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
who is Challenge

Challenge is the man. I love Challenge.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:52 am
Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That doesnt tell me a thing? What game? Who is he? What does he do?
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:18 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Dude, don't try to understand what Roqua is talking about.
Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:14 am
Sith_Lord_Yoshi_Doce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Val read my longer entry with all the characters on it. Would you give me your opinion on who all you want and why as well as the next theme for the game youd like. My yahoo name is jedi_sentinal_yoshi_doce. I need someone intelligent to talk to. Same name @hotmail is my MSN.
Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:49 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

An essay, eh? Alright. I'll expound.

Throughout the second game, we get hints about Revan going off to fight some big, bad badness beyond the Outer Rim worlds. Revan left Mandalore behind to rebuild an army for him. If you made Revan light side, then Carth was told to help rebuild the Republic. At the end of the game, the Exile is flat out told that he/she will need to assist Revan in this fight.
So, what I see see happening in the third game will be a continuation of what has happened thus far. The new protagonist will probably have the option of helping or hindering Revan's efforts.
As for who I'd like to see again?
HK-47: It wouldn't be Kotor without him. He just adds so much flavor to the game.
T3-M4: In the first game, I didn't care about him at all. His role in the second game won me over, however. He's as central to Kotor as R2-D2 is to the original trilogy. They really did do a wonderful job on him in the second game.
Revan: I'd definately like to see Revan again and to have the story involve Revan. I wouldn't mind seeing him/her as the villian or an ally.
The Exile: From what Kreia said, I'd expect to see the Exile acting as Revan's right hand man/woman. If Revan is in the next game in the series, then I'd expect to see the Exile or at least have him/her mentioned.
Bastilla Shan: I'd like to see her again. And if the story involves a male version of Revan, I'd expect her to show up. Or perhaps if the new protagonist's job is to find/hunt Revan, then she would make a good recruitable NPC or competitor.
Carth Onasi: Carth is an Admiral in the Republic fleet. At best, he'd only make a cameo. And thank goodness for that. Although, if Revan is a dark sided female, then Carth just might show up to try and "save" Revan.
Juhani: She's definately someone I'd like to see in the next game. However, if Revan is dark side, then she's dead.
Jolee Bindo: Same story as Juhani.
Bao-Dur: I like Bao-Dur. There was a lot left unsaid about him and it'd be interesting to see more of him and possibly his back-story in the next game. Plus, the poor, beat up Ebon Hawk could use a good mechanic.
Atton Rand: I'm indifferent when it comes to Atton. He doesn't strike me as the type to hang around. I imagine him getting himself "lost" again after the events of Kotor 2.
Handmaiden: I'm indifferent to Handmaiden. I don't see her having a real role in the next game.
Disciple: Nope. I don't want to see him again. He was blander than bran cereal.
Canderous Ordo (Mandalore): Definately. I want to see Canderous at the head of an army of Mandalorians.
Mira: She was an alright character. But depending on whether the Exile is light or dark will determine whether she's dead or alive. I doubt we'd see her in the next game.
Visas Marr: I'd like to see Visas in the next game. She'd probably follow the Exile anywhere.
Mission Vao: I'd like to see a grown up Mission. A more seasoned, capable scoundrel, with the possiblity of converting her to a Jedi.
Zaalbar: Well, if we see Mission again, then we'd probably see Zaalbar again. Or at least hear mention of him. I don't really care if he shows up or not.
G0-T0: While Go-to's droid is gone, he isn't. And he and the Exchange still have an interest in what's happening around the Republic. I doubt we'd see him again since he was a minor character, but who knows?
Hanharr: I didn't care about him at all. He was cannon fodder. He also has the same problem with being dead that Mira does.

The problem with bringing back old NPCs is explaining their presence in relation to the new protagonist and what happened in the two previous games. I'd imagine they'll limit the number of NPCs brought back to a small handful based on the story for the game and have mostly new recruitable NPCs with old NPCs regulated to cameo roles like in Kotor 2. Characters with the problem of being dead probably will never show up again.
Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:34 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Good essay Val. I agree w/ you about T3-M4 ... playing that little bot was one of the reasons I really liked the parts of KotOR2 that forced you to take a particular character.

I can see where the scripting of the game would decide early on which way the exile/Revan went and the cast of characters would be adjusted accordingly.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:06 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*takes a bow* Thank you, friend Lintra.

It may sound simple to impliment, and it would surely add replay value to the game by adding many of the old NPCs and then scripting who would show up, but as I said, I don't see the developers of the next game adding a lot of them. They'll want to keep things simple and add new content.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next