Is this supposed to happen?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is this supposed to happen?

I'm a level 24 dragon hunter in chapter 5 and it seems that whenever I attack an npc ( or an npc attacks me) everybody around me starts attacking the npc that i'm attacking! And when the npc gets knocked down, they kill him! Even Bullco killed sylvio when he attacked me . And when I talked to bullco, he said: "Oh no Sylvio's dead" .
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:03 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hah bullco really killed sylvio?!
i never imagined that... at least not like that i thought they were to busy being gay lovers to fight with each other
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:06 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm not kidding!

iIt really happen .
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:09 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have no idea how you did it, but somehow you managed to make the NPCs react opposite to what they're supposed to.. they are supposed to attack you, not the one you are attacking. Very strange indeed.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:14 pm
Abbath
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

the same thing happened with me!
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:26 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

A bug, a huge bug.

I now know what triggers it. If Sylvio hits you, before you hit him, Bullco will get an "order overwrite" because he's human, and you are a fellow human attacked by something.. any human will automatically help the "innocent" part.. it's part of their design in Gothic.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:34 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have got a similar bug at Akil's farm. After going back and forth between his sons, a fight ensues. Anyway to avoid making this a spoiler, afterwards I left and went down the path into the forest. Now all the animals ignore me and do not put up a fight. The skeletons just stand there while I kill them. I know this would make a good cheat but it is ruining the game for me.

I play using quicksave successfully, except for the odd quickload bug, so my last real save was at a "level up" which was some time ago!

Can someone suggest a cheat code that I could enter with Marvin, please.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:35 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Interesting...

I don't know if this helps, but try to check the attitudes in the game. Namely, you can give certain attitude to you and the NPC's in the game. Maybe somehow you managed to get the 'friendly' attitude, permanent status at that, and every NPC considers you as a friend and then naturally attacks anything that attacks you. In Bulco's case, he is never supposed to help you to kill Sylvion. Heh, it's fun though, he impales the Sylvio and then says "Oh no, Sylvio is dead!"... HA HA, good one there, Bullco!

Anyways, in the game turn on Marvin mode and then just press "G" key. This should display some additional game data on the screen (framerates, last action, frame number and all such other cumbaya), check in the upper right corner the flags "TempAttitude" and "PermAttitude" or some such. See if they are 'neutral', both, then you have nothing targetted.

Just one thought, that. Or you indeed are bugged and bugged big time. In that case, no idea what to do. Restart the game. You can export and import your char, although you may have to start from the beginning...
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:31 pm