Xardas Gone Bad?????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Xardas Gone Bad?????

Hey guys at the end when u kill the undead dragon, Xardas appears and says something about Beliar, is he bad now,,, is he mad... Or is it just that he is a follower of beliar and just wants power. please clarify this to me and other......
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:08 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

looks like Xardas is not your friend after all, he used you all along to get what he needed. You will probably have to "tan his hide" in G3. Remember Xardas planned the whole thing from the start, the prison barrier was setup to imprison the Sleeper, not to hold prisoners. Xardas is like Darth Sidious of sorts.

Incidently I *DID* beat Beliar finally but that was another game Seems Beliar is popular these days.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:22 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hmm I think Xardas will kick Beliar's ass and be god =) (Like Raistlin heh)
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:25 pm
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Or maybe you get to kik him in the Addon i just want to lear more of what has happened to xardas ....lol]

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:27 pm
Hwoarang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I get the messega of the game like that:

Xardas is a good guy, who expands and useshis powers through the ways of a bad God

or else

He is good, but wants to make good things in a bad way.

I think that the addon or Gothic III, Xardas will be in some way possesed by someone or something and then you will have to expel the bad guys to rescue him. Or that the powerhe gained will drive him mad and so on....
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:27 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

If you wait long enough after the ending title, you can already know how Gothic 3 begins. The addon isn't about to continue the gamestory but to implement it in Gothic 2.
BTW Xardas appears in the ship once more and tells you that he's as much a servant of Beliar as the hero is of Innos. I don't think he absolutely has to be the bad guy in Gothic 3. The developers left this still open.
NFG member
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:54 am
Virk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Our "hero" is the choose one, and the only one who is able to defeat Baliar. So Xardas plan must be to have the "hero"(thats you) kill Beliar, so he can take the place as god of evil.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:54 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Why can't we join Xardas and Beliar and kill Inos??

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:43 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey guys thanks for clearing and trying to figure out what has happened to Xardas ok.. keep goin with the threat if you want to....lol
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:08 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Wow, he sure does love those emoticons eh?

Xardas is bad, and made it obvious that he used you from the start. I predict the Gothic series will eventually (many years from now), end with the main character creating a barrier around Xardas --like the original magicians did around the sleeper. I doubt you'll ever kill Xardas. He will probably become the ultimate power of evil. Creating a barrier around him will likely become the only solution to saving mankind.

Who agrees with me?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:38 pm
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

In a way bro, but you know just like me that Gothic and Gothic 2 and the ones to come are with or without Xardas the best RPGs ever...lol
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:01 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Freakie
Why can't we join Xardas and Beliar and kill Inos??

That is sooooo chaotic evil! . I think that in Gothic 16 Xardas will tell you that he is your father (sound familiar yet?). Gothic 17 you will have to fight Xardas. When you defeat him and he is on the verge of death he will repent and turn back to the light side .

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:13 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

For sure! I hope they start a couple more series too... the gameplay design would be great when applied to new ideas. Have you seen the movie, Gangs of New York? I've been working on a game design based on the gameplay architecture of Gothic. It's just a written script mostly. If you watch the movie you'll see what I mean. A Gothic-like game based on the movie, Gangs of New York would be a great idea! The game would be entirely within the city of New York and it's surrouding islands (Elis Island, etc...) Players would have many guilds to choose from, and each guild would branch off into two or three other guilds/clans to join as you progress in the game. Instead of creatures for gaining experience, you'd have thiefs, enemy clan/gang/guild members. To keep the flow of enemies and to explain the appearance of new important NPC's in the city, players would have access to the docks where the Irish mostly came to New York from ships. Anyway, it's a great basis for an extremely good game. People could play it 20 times and have a completely unique storyline each time. If only the Gothic developers had the time to simultaneously work on new series with the same gameplay designs... They should hire me!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:15 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

A good idea, but I doubt it would be implemented in the gothic series. But I would imagine that pb wont stop at the Gothic series. (at least I hope not...)

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:25 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I didn't mean they should implement it into the Gothic series. I was just saying it would be really great for the same developers to start a completely new series with the same gameplay architecture. That wouldn't be possible though, because they're too busy working on the Gothic series... which is what we all want.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:39 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next