Usergroups
Why do we like Fallout?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

For me the appeal was a number of things including the setting but the main thing that draws me back time and time again is one little word: FREEDOM.

This is one of the very few games that you can actually play and complete in different styles. The equipment you can get and the quests you can uncover depend on your style of play and the skills you have. Therefore the story will be similar on a replay but the journey will be slightly different. The fact that a stealth character is just as viable as a comabt character which is just as good as an intellegent character is what keeps me coming back for more.
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:02 am
Vilgefortz the mage
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I like Fallout series for just everything!!! From an original history to the character creation. The game is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=Member of the RPGDot Warriors=
=Member of the Worshipers of the Written World=
=Member of the RPGDot Shadows=
=Loyal mage of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Sixth House=
=Member of the Gothic Novel Writers=
=Member of the Nonflamers' Guild=
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:10 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I agree with everyone. I also liked the humor. Sometime i wish the graphics would be more "clear"...
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:25 pm
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

Who says we all like Fallout? I certainly didn't. I thought the game was dreary and depressing, and really quite boring. I'd take Baldur's Gate with all its cliched orcs and elves and dwarves any day. The reason that sorta thing is "cliched" is because its awesome and so many people have loved it that they contiually use it. I can't understand why sci-fi is so popular. They're almost always so cold and metallic and "gray". In my mind there are few exceptions to this, such as Anachronox. But Fallout is definitley not an exception.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:22 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Bach & Baroque
Who says we all like Fallout? I certainly didn't. I thought the game was dreary and depressing, and really quite boring. I'd take Baldur's Gate with all its cliched orcs and elves and dwarves any day. The reason that sorta thing is "cliched" is because its awesome and so many people have loved it that they contiually use it. I can't understand why sci-fi is so popular. They're almost always so cold and metallic and "gray". In my mind there are few exceptions to this, such as Anachronox. But Fallout is definitley not an exception.

I never said that "everyone" likes Fallout. With "we" i mean the fans, as I said in the first post.
Post Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:59 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Ah, I'm about to like Fallout again - I've got it for my Powerbook. Yes a game for the Mac! Gives me something to do at work....and in the car...or just when I'm sitting somewhere not near my PC.

=Member of the Worshipers of the Written Word=
=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Non-Flamer's Guild=
=Member of the Followers of Righteousness=
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:44 am
Vilgefortz the mage
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well, Fallout is fun, when you play it the first time. I've played Fallout 1 for the second time, and I ended it in a week!!!! Fallout is easy! Exept that it's great!!!!

Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:46 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Vilgefortz the mage
Well, Fallout is fun, when you play it the first time. I've played Fallout 1 for the second time, and I ended it in a week!!!! Fallout is easy! Exept that it's great!!!!

Yes, its very easy if you know how to play. But i actualy like that its pretty easy, most RPG games are not.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:16 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
quote:
Originally posted by Vilgefortz the mage

Yes, its very easy if you know how to play. But i actualy like that its pretty easy, most RPG games are not.

Dang Rawis you beat Fallout 1 already? I'm still looking for the water chip....well, I'm about to get it.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:41 am
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you want help finding the water chip look in this thread.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:04 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Nope, i have not finished it yet Hurricane. But I got the water chip, now im leveling up, i just got lotsa money, and bought a combat armor, soon im going after those mutants. Mwahahah!
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:28 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
Nope, i have not finished it yet Hurricane. But I got the water chip, now im leveling up, i just got lotsa money, and bought a combat armor, soon im going after those mutants. Mwahahah!

Cool. I found the water chip too, but now I must find the master, never a boring day in the wasteland. I have the power armor, dang fine piece of equipment if you ask me....but it weighs 90lbs. Money was never a problem for me, I did the dorky thing and chose gambling as one of my tag skills.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:09 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Im level 9 or something now, i have been running around the wastes trying to find the "master", i think this strange cathedral have something todo with it, but i can't get past the locked door. Anyone know where i can find a bomb?
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:25 pm
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Fallout was the first real RPG I played besides Might & Magic 6. And it has remained my favorite by far. Interesting story, creative and powerful character creation and growth, totally different ways to complete the game, relatively well balanced, meaningful quests, fun and tactical combat it had and still has many elements that have been tried in other RPGs, but never in such a good blend as Fallout had. Fallout is the only game I have kept on my various computers over the last 5 years since its release. I think that says something profound about the game. Occasionally, I still load it up and play. One other gem I need to try is Planescape: Torment. It's terrible of me to be a proponent of BIS games and never finished possibly their best RPG of all. I will get to it though!
Post Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:38 am
Vilgefortz the mage
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

My first cRPG was BG. When I ended it, I was so in love with RPG that I started to look for other. I found Fallout

Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:59 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next