Usergroups
Turning around in battle!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I discovered something while practicing combat. Just to practice moves without getting killed I put the game in "god mode" and fought in the arena. (I didn't save the game) I discovered that if you defend/parry (ctrl+down) you pivot to stay facing your opponent so that he can't get behind you

I still can't get the combos to do much though.

[ This Message was edited by: wysiwyg on 2001-12-04 01:28 ]
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:26 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ahh, my mistake. I suppose I should correct the post here in case anyone finds it.

If you keep the ACTION button pressed when an enemy is "highlighted" (their name shows up) then you will always face them until you let go of the button. The action button in my config is LEFT-CTRL but I use the alternate keyboard format. The left mouse button works as well.

So now when I fight I keep the action button pressed down between swings unless I want to move. If you stick with left and right you don't move forward.

If anyone gets between you and your target you might hit them instead. Sometimes this is useful, like when a pack of wolves is right in front of you and can't get behind you, and sometimes it is not useful, like fighting with templars next to you.
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:15 am