RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Re: ORC CAMP

quote:
Originally posted by TRAG-GORROK
One thing that nobody has mentioned is that all of the apocalyptic and fanactic templars and obssessed novices fight for us. Theyre not part of the SC. They are now one of us. If you dont believe me then have you noticed how we get along in the sleepers temple and how if you play as a templars than why would the sleeper templars come and attack you?? Even without this help we would still be able to win but with the practically invincible sleeper templars we are unstoppable by any camp!!!!!!

The Templars do not fight for the Orcs, they fight for the Sleeper, but now the Sleeper is gone, the Templars won't join forces with the Orcs anymore.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:43 am

i have been thinking it over and the Old Camp would most likly lose..... It is a competely wood cept the castle.... fire spells or fire arrows or a seige weapons would destroy it easily

The New Camp you'd have 2 ways to come through the mine route (which is narrow and archers could easily pick a army down... and the damn.... but if you destroy the damn you could cut off their food and kill them all of in a seige....

The Sect Camp.... would probly win you would literally have to have your men cut down or climb the trees (and don't think there would be ladders left) fire would be very effective due to the fact they are in a swamp! they could get water and put it out or 'contact the sleeper'
plus they ability to move things with their minds make a good defence against arrows...

Orcs i havn't really SEEN their camp but i have seen their shine/timple on the road to the New Camp and they are powerful mufos but they couldn't kill me yet their camp they have shamans, workers, soldiers, and probly the best unity of all

Overall

Old Camp- Could Win If They Fight Offencly The Whole Time And Figured A Way To Beat Thw Brother Hood

New Camp- Could Win If They Take Out The Supplies And Assassinate Gomze, The Other Ore Barons, Y'---, and the Guros

Brotherhood- If They Took The Old Mine And Laid Seige To Both Camps

Orcs- If They Fight They'd Probly Win (They Won The Battle In The Opening Credits) [i am not really gonna count them]
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:14 am

Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Thinking about the Orc Camp, if the bridge is destroyed, you can just send archers and kill the Orcs, unless they get the shamans to come out or get some reinforcement from outside.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:19 am
Luk@$z

Xardas wins! He sends stone golems to the OC(they don't have blunt weapons), fire golems to the SC(they don't have ice spells) and ice golems, skeletons and demons to the NC(they don't have fire spells). Finally, he himself lives in a fortress.

P.S. When talking about SC, don't say they have apocalyptic templars help!
The AT would rather die than help the "heretics" who renounced the Sleeper.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:37 pm

ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Only one problem. Golems can't be sent. Xardas himself would have to be present, and unless he's immortal he will die.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:34 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

The Orc Camp is vulnerable to one thing-the Ulu Mulu! If you summon some creatures, and then enter the camp with the Ulu Mulu on, the Orcs won't even know that you are the one responsible for the plot! One person can take on the entire camp, yeah!

Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:31 pm
Nucas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i would say the brotherhood. chiefly because, well, templars kick ass. and their armor looks cool.
if the brotherhood were openly assaulted, i imagine a few templars with crossbows on the man made platforms and in the trees torwards the back of the camp would be sufficient at stopping any expeditionary force in its tracks - which would already be at a disadvantage, being unfamiliar with the area, terrain, and native wildlife.
plus, most people seem to be omitting the presence of the old temple in the camp. the temple back is covered by the barrier, which would already simplify matters of defense; and the front is covered by the walls of the courtyard. there are any number of possibilities for what is essentially a giant elevated stone bunker at the back of a wide open stone courtyard surrounded by walls.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 1:32 am
CCRUNNERBOY613
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Exellent point, Nucas. Yet another person sees the truth. A lot of people are saying that SC would lose in an offensive campaign, but who says the SC would initiate this fight. My bet is that Gomez would probably find some reason to attack the Brotherhood (like not enough weed maybee) and send his guards to thier death. The temple would be very hard to overcome. The crossbow templars and the baals with their fist of wind would take out most of the attackers, while the remainder could be taken out by the other templars. Using this stratedy, SC would definitely win.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 1:41 pm
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Another reason that makes Sect Camp the best.. the were able to awaken the Sleeper at made him fight by their side.. which is.. cool :] I don't think Gomez and Thorus could take out the Sleeper

Well, in Sect Camp, they are good figthers eventhough they smoke all day long.. respect! But, the weed in Gothic seems to have no effect.. my char wasn't at all changed after i had smoken Water Pipe in 6 Gothic-hours.. strange! Maybe he is just a good smoker after all?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:17 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

if you smoke cigs you get stuff... green novice:5 xp
the other one: 10 xp
Dreamcall: +5 to max mana

Don't you feel better now?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:21 pm
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
Dreamcall: +5 to max mana

+2 Mana that is.. i know, but it's strange that the char doesn't get high or something by smoking all that <- My point
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:25 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
the other one: 10 xp

The other one's name is Northern Dark.

And you forgot to mention the Prepared Dreamcall, which makes you dream (I don't know what you will dream about though, the Sleeper? Or something else...)

Post Tue May 21, 2002 10:18 pm
Baal witchim-aculiut
Village Leader
Village Leader

i would say that the new camp is the strongest. if every camp went in to battle they would not know if the NC has a trick up their sleve or not.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 11:07 pm
goshuto
Wanderer
Wanderer

Nah, just drop a couple trolls in the middle of the map and watch they mow down ALL camps!!!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:03 am
?

I think the best is Swamp Camp. Join them is very easy and they have stronger warriors- templars. Templar's weapon is two-handed sword which do 70 damage. But unfortunately SC have bad location.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 9:16 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next