cannot kill ice dragon! haha
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

cannot kill ice dragon! haha

i've been pounding on this thing all day, it won't die no matter what.

i'm using a +15 damage one handed sword (that i got on the chicken quest).

my armor is 91, my weapons is 125 and my defense 130.

this thing is kicking my butt! lol! i sit there and it just won't die, yet i see people posting about using lesser weapons and lesser stats and wiping it out, what am i doing wrong?

thanks.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:59 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

The best way to kill this one is to stay up by the door you came in and just make sure you are hitting him in the head or between the wings. He seems to have a little harder time hitting you from that vantage point. He is very hard to kill, so don't feel bad. Just keep wacking and be sure you see the blood splatter with each hit and you will know you have found the right spot on him.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:48 pm
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

From the number of times i fought the dragon, it seems to me that the dragon has a LOT of armour.. (i wouldn't be surprised if it had 4815 armour points....)

It doesn't, however, have all that much health i reckon.. once you figure out how to attack it and splatter lots of blood, it's not as difficult as it seems at first.. like CM said, hit it between the wings and behind it's head..

I've tried using poisoned arrows against it, and i've managed to poison it once in about 20 shots, which means the other 19 shots just hit armour.. and it's the same with your sword.. you're probably mostly hitting armour, and hence not getting very far..

just make sure you hit it where you can see blood splat out.. that means you got to it's health points

Also, since you got Lord Inut's Sword, can you tell me what's special about it? does it have any special effects?

like lord inut's bow i got from the chicken quest, it sets your arrows on fire (this makes it much easier to get thru the armour and attack the dragon's health by the way... )
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:37 am
mezertine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

he still won't die, and i see blood flying all over the place.

i started fighting him at 9pm and it's now 9:30pm, now he's just completely frozen in mid air, not moving at all, while i continue to hit him with blood coming out of him.

this has to be a glitch, i don't understand what's going on here. after awhlie, he stops fighting me too, he won't fight back and just sits there, it's quite strange.

i have the most modern patch too, 1.17.

i'm really fed up to the point where i just want to put in a "kill" command and get rid of him. are you really suppose to fight him for almost an hour real time?
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:34 am
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

With a sword, yes, it does take a while, even if it's meant to do 15 damage, you aren't always doing that much unless you fully recharge and fully strike it's health points and not armour points..

If she's stopped fighting you, then yeah, there's prolly something wrong..

Also, since you're using a sword, it's an idea to have a harm spell going.. if you're casting and ethereal link are 50+, you can have it going for as virtual life without it ever lowering your mana reserves..

Damn.. i just realised that whenever i have the harm spell on, most creatures run away rather than fight.. i wonder if the dragontry to run/fly away... anyone tried?
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:50 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Thrash3002, you are right, it should not take that long. It did take me up to 15 minutes once, but that was me not fighting right. I would think with poor hits, no more than 10. You don't have to kill it to finish the game. You could try a reload from a different save slot and see if it works, or just use telekineses and get your egg and leave. Might send an email to Jroby@arkane-studios.com and let him know of it and see if he has any ideas.

Personally I would reinstall the patch, try once more and then just finish the game. I did find the few glitches I ran into seemed to disappear if I just loaded a different save game slot as well. Hope you get it worked out. Let us know if you find a solution.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:42 pm