Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Easter eggs and drug exposures...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

All i have to say is that i ended up spending a good 10 minutes of a monday night laughing my friggin ass off at 3 pages of people going back and forth about the wrongness or rightness of weed.(I oringally signed on to find a way to use magic to join the sect camp) I'm sure all of you are kewl people, even the "Fat Mother" as the one guy describes her, but like most of you said, ITS A FRIGGIN GAME! No offense to any of you. haha.... Quite Humorous....
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:31 am

Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

What's with all the anonymous posts on this thread? Talk about swampweed and half the people logout before posting?

BTW, I'm with anon above, this is a dumb thread.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:58 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

whaddaya mean i can't take off my sweater?? ....I'M HOT!

er...uh...have a stalk, brother. relax and listen for the sleeper. shffoooooof *paaaaaaah* ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. THERE he is....

seriously folks, for all you know, they really WERE recieving visions from the sleeper and the weed is really nothing whatsoever. if anyone takes any of this seriously, please jump in a lake full of cold water; maybe it'll snap u bac kto reality. now don't someone start cussing at me for voicing my opinion...
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:58 am

quote:

On 2001-11-26 05:13, Anonymous wrote:
Shewter:

Don't play it? So I should ignore it?

Let me ask you this: If someone high on drugs shot one of your family, would you just ignore it, or try to do something about it?

probably the worst thing that someone high on pot is going to do is eat all your peanut butter.
Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:34 pm

Oh Gods! First of all? I must say one thing - I never smoked weed in real life,
and I will never do it... But I like to smoke the weed in the game, its just looks fun for me, and I dont see anything horrible in that! And I want to say biiiig THANKS to German Creators of this Game for their non political-correct view on fantasy world games. This Game is totaly cooool!
Oh and one more thing - political-correct society makes me sick!
Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:18 pm

I personally found the weed smoking in this game to be a nice touch. It provides an escape for the prisoners. It's also a nice touch when you find some really nice scenery (And there's a lot of it if you know where to look) and then smoke something. It just seems to add a nice touch.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:21 pm

Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I am from Russia and I'll tell you, that during the 2nd World War every russian soldier - men and women included - smoked. I do not know anyone who did not start smoking after being recruited to the military between 1941 and 1945. The tough life causes people to smoke and I am grateful to PB for the reaistic RPG. Period.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:16 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not think every Russian soldier smoked. At least when they came to free us, their tanks drove straightly.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:18 pm
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Man, you're funny. Tobacco, not weed. I dought anybody smoked weed in Russia before the 70s.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:26 pm

2 Divine
Well I'm from Russia too! Do you know kamrad.ru Gothic-forum?
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:10 pm

Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I am not a big gamer you know, and even less web surfer. So the answer is no.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:13 pm
Credence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This is just in relation to some people thinking weed is evil. Id just like to point some things out.

In real life, weed is less harmful than Alchohol is, and is less dangerous to you and those around you. It IS possible to gain control of your self while you are high, it ISNT, when you're drunk. It IS possible to drive while you're stonned (though i dont recommend it as sometimes your awareness can really sink).

The ONLY reason weed is not sold in stores, is becuase it cannot be taxed by the government, its to easy of a drug to grow in your own home that it would be to hard for the government to legalize it and sell it in stores, so instead, they spend a hell of alot more money on police eforcement on the drugs. But even now (in Canada anyways) its very slowly becoming legal, its already legal for cancer patients and other diseases.

For those of you who are willing to try alchohol over weed, think again. Aslong as you know you're getting the weed froma reliable source, kick back and relax, in my opinion, its a much nicer feeling than being drunk, and you dont feel like puking your guts out in the morning.

Of course, like any intoxicant, it will destroy braincells and eat away at your lungs, but alchohol can cause liver cancer and generally, destroy your liver. So you lose out either way. But either one, if taken in moderation, can actaully be healthy for you. Id suggest reading up on things before classifying it all as 'evil'.

Weed is the safest drug out, even moreso than alcohol. However, anything other than those two, id highly recomened staying away from. Cocaine, heroin, angel dust, LSD, etc. They can kill you, Even shrooms are harmful. Id never try any of them. And neither should you

Hope this sheds some light on those poor, misguided fools

Because everything is what it seems to be,
and the balance is the end of eternity
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:15 am
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Lumping shrooms and LSD in with smack and dust is one of the dumbest things ever man.

LSD is extremely safe (at least to the body) it's not for the weak hearted, but it's not going to kill you.
Shrooms can be poisonous in HUGE doses, but as a rule are safe.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:17 am
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The people who complained about swampweed in Gothic were morons. In case they didn't notice, the game takes place in a prison. Prisons are filled with the dregs of soceity...murderers,thieves,rapists ect. You think people like that would "Say No to drugs"?

I doubt it. It made the prison seem more realistic.

About the Sect Camp: They were actually seeing visions of the sleeper. They were just using the weed to meditate or dream.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:55 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I also have dreams at nights and I do not need wheed for that .

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-13 06:18 ]
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:17 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next