Gandalf: Newest member of the family
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Gandalf: Newest member of the family

This is the new Samhain family cat, Gandalf the White!

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:22 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Ohhh, isn't he cute!!!

He looks just like his daddy.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:52 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

yes indeed, I do see the resemblance!

Handsome fellow ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:07 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gorgeous, xSamhainx! Looks more like 'Radagast the Brown', though.
Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:46 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

It's beautiful, but it's father is more beautiful.
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:30 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Very, very nice cat :].
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:39 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Thanks for the compliments, he is a great cat indeed.

Today was a bit rough for him tho, his first encounter with the vet. Like taking a recently purchased car in to get it checked out by a pro to make sure everythings ok, needed to make sure Gandalf's motor was running properly and everything was working right with no suprises under the hood.

He was all riled up on the way there, so he was temporarily incarcerated in the "kitty karrier" until we got there. Other times he's rode on a lap and been fine, but not this time, he was hell on wheels! He meowed and caterwauled and caused all sorts of ruckus, it was sorta funny how upset he was. He was well-behaved at the vet for the most part, but didnt care much for having his temp taken tho

He was able to ride home being held, he was pretty mellowed out and tired from the whole experience in general. He even fell asleep a few mins before we got home, entering into what is now referred to as "Koala Mode". The first pic shows him in Koala Mode, then coming out of it upon waking. He's too funny!

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:22 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Thats a kewl cat! My cat is kewl too, he is black and white and has the funniest personality too, heh. Nice, another cat person. But i must be the first to say, that cat has got quite a nose on him. It must just be the blackness around the nose though Perfect name: ive always thought Gandalf had a longish nose, heh. Whats a wizard without a long nose?
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:27 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Yeah, his top lip is dark too, kinda extends the image of his schnozz a bit as well, lol. The first pic up there was at about 6 weeks, we got that pic from the breeder. The next pics of him sleeping/waking are at roughly 10 weeks, his color starting to spread ever so slightly. He's at the first stage of his color change at this point, as time goes by his face will turn completely black, and he'll look like a longhaired, stocky siamese, like this handsome fellow "Romeo".

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

It's yours right xSamhainx.How old is it.Also is it female or a male.

Also I'll like cats but you know how my parents will react when they realise that I've brought a cat in the house.But I'm lucky a friend of mine has a cat(expect the cats in the neibour) but she has fallen fron 12 meters recentely .But the cat is okay now
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:49 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Also in my language we call them Siam.
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:50 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Can you post more pictures
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:32 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Darrius Cole

He looks just like his daddy.

Good observation (especially in the first pic).

Very nice looking cat Sam. You are lucky. My recently departed pal of 14, almost 15 years, hated car rides. Only time he ever even used to *think* of panic. Attacked by 90 lb german shepard ... no problem, getting into a car ... problem. The howling was incredible!

Anyway, nice looking addition to the family.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:12 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

He's a male, and I'm the co-owner.

My mother wanted a Ragdoll kitten for a long time, she has an older one from a shelter, but Suzy (the old one) is in her waning years. In preparation for the passing of Suzy in the coming years, I've determined that it's time to get another feline to soften the blow when Suzy enters "The Big Sleep". Plus, I love ragdoll kittens!
They arent cheap cats tho, and they are pretty hard to find. But when I saw one locally, I figured I might as well strike while the iron is hot. So I went halves with her on a kitten, and I'm on the certificate as one of two owners. She has the cat at her house, and I just go over and visit it. It's just a way for me to help my mom out on alot of things like the vet and accessories, and help her to get a cat she's always wanted. Just his visit to the vet was 60 bucks, then he was limping around and acting weird a few days later so back to the vet for another 60 bucks. Then, the cost of all his accessories.. *rolls eyes* they just never end. But it's worth it, he's a source of great joy for Mama Sam and the family in general.
these are just phone-cam pics, so they arent very good quality-
his trip to the vet, his hobby of watching the fishtank, and a portrait shot ='.'=

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:36 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Groovy cat Sammy!

I have a greyish tiger-lookin' cat. A tabby? Her name is KI(pronounced key) because she has so much energy and is always tearing stuff up.

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:09 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next