Problem joining the Mercs and have to pay for killing people
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Problem joining the Mercs and have to pay for killing people

I'm having a problem joining the mercenaries. I keep asking how my rep is and am told I have to keep fighting the boys. I have fought everyone at least twice except Lee and Bullco's buddy (I forget his name, but he's sitting in the bar next to Bullco). I even fought the trainer in the back. I'm a master at two-handed and kick everyone's ass, but it's getting a little boring. Also everytime I go into see Lee (I also whipped the two no-name mercs in there and also the named merc in there) Lee says that I have to quite killing citizens and I have to pay a fine, anything from 100 gold to 650 gold. This happens time after time. I am not killing any citizens. If this is a bug, I'll go join the Paladins. Are there any mercs that I have to fight that are not in the camp?
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:05 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Have you passed Torlof's test yet?
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:50 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Are you sure he's fining you for killing? That would be upto 1000 gp if so. It could be for knocking down the mercenaries. If a farmer sees you doing that he will go blabbering to Lee about it, and you have to pay a fine on 50gp for each mercenary you knock down, the game say also for every npc seeing you, but I don't know if that's true. And to join them you need to talk to Torlof and recieve 'the test'. Either get some money, or fight some Militia-men. After doing this you should be accepted, that is if you have done some quest from some of the mercenaries to gain reputation.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:27 pm
Ruslan Ismailov
Village Leader
Village Leader

And there is Buster merc (not in a camp) -- he stand near lake.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:51 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The challenges with the mercs are for the named mercs. You are getting fined probably because it's not a 'proper' dual. You need to start conversations and use the options that tick someone off.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:21 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I forgot to mention that I passed the test, but I opted for the easier of two, I did the rent quest. He does mention that the fellow merc don't think to kindly of that quest. I have fought Buster, the guy next to him, the guy on the way to the camp practicing sword play, santanza, the two merc with him, Darb, Rod, Cryprus, Cord, Jarvis, the two non-named merc at the door to the farm house, the two non-named mercs standing with Lee and the named merc standing with Lee. I have fought the weapon trainer behind the house, the guy standing between the tavern and the out building (a few gold and silver items there), I have fought everyone except Lee's counterpart in the tavern. I have fought everyone in sight at least twice. (I don't get any more points for beating them now). And yet I still get the same dialog about having to keep fighting with the boys. There is no one left. I am about ready to give up, some sort of game bug I guess
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:06 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Yep, you got a nice little bug..
Post Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:29 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

easy way to become a merc

assuming you have the strength and weapon ability which I won't go into how to develop here (I am sure there are several fine threads on that topic to be found here) you should begin by talking to Larez in the city and have him take you part way to the land owners place. Talk to buster and talk tough (duel rules) he will draw his sword and you do the same. Whip his butt and then talk to him. Ask him about joining and he will tell you he will vote for you (assuming you beat him up) He will mention sentenza whom you should pay his stupid 50 gold piece toll and he afterward you can ask him about voting for you. (note asking the mercs to vote for you is criitical in getting the named mercs votes. Don't worry bout the unnammed mercs if you pass Torlof's test their votes are in the bag) Next you meet his buddy (forgot his name) on the crest of the hill and speak to him ask him about looking around the farm he will talk about Silveo (sp) their "next leader" (yeah right) the the dialog lets you say "Methinks I'm gonna punch you in the face" select it and another duel ensues. Kick his butt and then ask him about joining and you get his vote. Next meet wolf (G1 players will remember him as the Rogue Wolf in the new camp) he will remember you and will vote for you too if you ask him too (notice a pattern ...ask for the vote). Then meet Rod (another silveo follower) take to him hes a bit of a jerk wannabe calls you a weenie I think. YOu can select the I am strong comment and he will ask you to wield his sword or you can opt for my fav and move for the duel with the "Ill kick you butt" comment that is available. Then ask him for his vote and he will vote for you. Cipher is next on the list and he just wants some weed. If you have the package of weed give it for 300 exp pts or if not get 10 joints and hes happy and his vote is in the bag. then go left toward Dar who is off by himself smoking weed. Talk to him, smoke a joint he offers and then ask him for the vote which he gives (he only cares about his weed anyway) then go back inside the kitchen and find the named merc at the table alone (not silveo or bullco those jerks won't vote for anyone) talk to him he will remember you from the colony, give you background on the silveo/lee fiasco and tell you how to get his vote (by kicking a few of silveo's boys butts) which you should have already done. Exp if you met the idiot preparing for battle against the field raiders and kicked his butt for reneging on the deal of gold or speaking up for you for helping him with the nest of raiders in the field. then go to the door of Onar's house speak to the mercs there and say you wanna see lee either option will get you in the door. Lee will be surprised cuz Gorn told him you died bringing down the barrier in G1 then tell him you wann join he will send you to torlof pass the test he gives ya. I suggest taking the kick the militas butt as that gets you in good with the merc's buster will tell ya how they all feel about whipping militia butt back when you first meet him. Once you are back from torlof's test, tell torlof and as about your rep with the mercs (you can do this as often as you like but if you follow this plan you will only need to this one time) and he will send you back to Lee then say I am ready to join you he will then send you to Onar for pay negotiations the back to Lee for the offical joining and armor upgrade.

Note( there is a plate that Maria Onar's wife is missing that if you find prior to joining and give to her will get you a better daily pay) if you wanna hunt it down.

The basic way to become a merc is follow their rules. #1 dont just go whacking ppl up side of the head. Follow the duel rules which torlof explains. Challange em to a duel, both parties draw weapons, then kick butt, but don't kill em or the whole place will kick your butt and you will pay some heavy fines to lee.

Oh yeahh after you become a merc by this pattern go back to sentenza and have a duel with him and get your gold back kinda of a nice dig for being one of silveo's boys
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:59 am