RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/

Trailers...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ultraviolet/

Did you see the awesome trailer for this at Underworld: Evolution?

This is directed by Kurt Wimmer. His best movie is Equilibrium. Yes, this movie even has "gun katas". I can't wait!!!

Trivia: While on the set, Kurt Wimmer asked Milla Jovovich to punch him, in order to get a feel for the intensity she was putting in her action sequences. For the next several days, Wimmer directed the film with a black eye.

Edit: Added trailers and pic!

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:03 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The trailer seriously looks like it's in the running for 'most cliches in 30 seconds'.

Popcorn film... been a while since I saw one but there are so many coming out soon.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:33 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
The trailer seriously looks like it's in the running for 'most cliches in 30 seconds'.

Popcorn film... been a while since I saw one but there are so many coming out soon.

Did you enjoy Equilibrium though? That is the sole reason I am excited about this!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:11 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

I loved Equilibrium, and cannot wait for Ultraviolet.

(All those trailer links are broken for me - probably an out-of-date Quicktime install I guess.)
Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:06 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Looks distracting enough.
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:08 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Equilibrium is on my list of 'movies to see at some point when I remember'.

I don't MIND clichefests if the choreography is excellent and the story is at least consistant. I liked this trailer a lot better than the one for, say, Bloodrayne.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:42 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Why did I not read these reviews before wasting my money? Please do not waste your time with this piece of trash. This is Alexander bad.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10004504-ultraviolet/
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:44 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

"Ultraviolet wants desperately to be a provocative, high-concept action thriller. It is apparently trying to say something about fear and terrorism, paranoia and racism. But it looks more like a shampoo commercial."

Deary me - where did it all go wrong?
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:54 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

It's called letting a bunch of suits, who wouldnt know a good movie if it came up and bit them in the ass, have too much input in a film.

Or perhaps it could be the at-first-glance observation, the same thing that plagued the newest Romero zombie-fest, trying too dang hard to make it all "mean something" in the end. Some entertainment just isnt meant to mean anything other than, for lack of a better term, fun. Reminds me of M*A*S*H*, once an absolutely hilarious show we loved, but once they started making it some kind of drama fest, we couldnt tolerate watching it anymore.

It's like "Ok, war is bad, we get your point Hawkeye. Now stow it and make me laugh already"

I think the funniest little blurb on rottentomatoes is ""Ultraviolet will be studied with great interest in the future - not for its quality or its artistic merit, but rather to discover how a turd like this was made." OucH
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:06 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
"But it looks more like a shampoo commercial."

Ouch. Well, now I'm glad that I haven't had the time to go see it.
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:21 pm