View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Wallace Fern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Any consistent charms traders in game?

Hi,

My level 37 mage has just about finished up all he wants to do in Rivellon before becoming the Divine One. He has about 8 charm slots open, including 4 on his Dragon Armor. He needs help remembering something. You see, early on in the game he chanced upon someone who had several charms in their trading inventory, and now he can no longer recall who that might have been. Does anyone here recall if there is a particular merchant or magician or anyone who consistently had a bunch of charms for sale? My mage understands the random nature of the generation of objects in the game, and had a good time reloading to see what the dwarven smith's sidekick had for sale while waiting for a better dragon armor. He was quite amused to see several "Potter's..." items show up once, all giving big boosts to magic! Thanks for any help you may lend.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:14 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The mage at the merchant's square sells them on a regular basis. However, I would wait until you get to the last area. The final merchant sells better charms.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:06 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
The mage at the merchant's square sells them on a regular basis. However, I would wait until you get to the last area. The final merchant sells better charms.

To Wallace Fern, c/o Val. (Sorry for replying to wrong note).

In the Wasteland, don't buy charms from the funny guy with the Depends. Go find the old lizard healer in the village area. He has much cheaper prices. Directions: *(Go east than south through the mountain pass then west again.)*

I played save/restore with him to get a slew of spell books. He always had very strong charms at half the price of the first guy you meet.

I left my pyramid beside him. BTW, you find another pyramid if you forgot to bring two with you.

You can also find charms at:

Mage in Rivertown Square - right next to the blacksmith's shop.
    Corinna in veridstis
    Mage in Dwarven Halls

Various other merchants would have them at times. But for guaranteed gold, wait until you get to the wasteland.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:51 pm
Wallace Fern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Val,

I have checked out the mage in Rivertown, and he has a large mana bonus charm for 38k (!!) Pretty steep price. I can't find the mage in the Dwarven Halls yet. But on your advice I'll hold out until the Wastelands. I'm busy selling off all my loot now, since I have settled on a pretty solid set of charmed items and weapons that should see me through the end of the game. I still have 8 or 9 slots to fill, and I don't want to waste them on the minor and medium charms I'm carrying. I may actually save before the Divine Ritual in case I don't get a similar charm on the other side; I can always reload and go back.
Wallace
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:58 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Weird I never found the lizardman guy in the wasteland, the person I bought the big charms from was the Orc I rescued from the pit.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:33 am
Wallace Fern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, after a lot of imp bashing I can only find the Orc Kroxy to trade with, and he has some big charms all for 55k each. Fortunately, I have collected 4 'very large' charms from dead imps already, and I only have explored about 75% of the southern half of the wasteland area -- haven't gone north to find the dragon I was supposed to be looking for yet.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:37 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Any consistent charms traders in game?

quote:
Originally posted by Wallace Fern
Hi,

My level 37 mage has just about finished up all he wants to do in Rivellon before becoming the Divine One. He has about 8 charm slots open, including 4 on his Dragon Armor. He needs help remembering something. You see, early on in the game he chanced upon someone who had several charms in their trading inventory, and now he can no longer recall who that might have been. Does anyone here recall if there is a particular merchant or magician or anyone who consistently had a bunch of charms for sale? My mage understands the random nature of the generation of objects in the game, and had a good time reloading to see what the dwarven smith's sidekick had for sale while waiting for a better dragon armor. He was quite amused to see several "Potter's..." items show up once, all giving big boosts to magic! Thanks for any help you may lend.

I went back to replay the end game and found that the Dwarf rep to the council of 7 had a very large charms for sale. You can buy it before you ring the gong.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:32 am