Members
Usergroups
Endless Storage?????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
tanker27

Endless Storage?????

Is there a way to store items for future use or sale? That is without owning a house? If I put stuff in Casius' house will the items remain? Or is there an endless bag of holding or endless storage chest?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:43 pm

Saemi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been using the smuggler cave by the stilt rider in Seyda Neen. Nothing's disappeared yet.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:54 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I use the storage place of some person in Balmora who I had to kill rats for. She gave me a key to clear them out, and now I use it for storage. It stays there always.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:06 pm
FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Anything you store in containers or on the floor will stay there, atleast it has for me so far.

Something that has come in handy for me is where i decided to call home.
Early on I happened to find Ghorak's Manor in Caldera, a nice house with plenty of room, tons of storage, and several bed rolls. Well after talking with the Orcs who live there they wouldnt budge, they were very rude as well so I took it upon myself to clear out the house of the filthy greenskinned fools and call it home. The best part of this Manor is Creeper, an ugly little creature who does smell abit I will admit but his pockets are always full of cash, he loves buying things I bring home from my adventures, he's got a huge collection of adventure wares now, you should see it.

You might be thinking "Well sounds good but Caldera is too far away from everything to be an ideal place to live". Well get yourself a Mark potion or spell, goto the Mage guild and Mark yourself right in front of the travel Mage. Now anytime I'm exploring or questing and I get too heavy with wares I Recall myself and unload at home, or anytime you need to travel to any other city Recall yourself to that spot and you are either 1 or 2 trips away through the travel Mage.

P.S. Make your own ring/ammy to Mark and Recall or atleast recall as potions can be a pain to keep up with.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:31 pm
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

For the Figheters Guild in Balmora you have to clear out a bar who's name I can not remember at this time. It is perfect as it sits right next to the silt riders and right next to the river Odai This has been my personnal house ever since. I now have almost the entire place filled with Daedric, Dwarven, Glass and several suites of each type plus numerous rings and potions. Almost comical to walk in there as I am fairly high up in the Imperial Guards and I have confiscated so much contriband playing this game, that I am now the largest single holder of illegal contriband in the entire kingdom. Gotta love this game
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:27 am

i use the storage house in balmora
Post Wed May 15, 2002 3:33 am

hm can't you just drop everything on the street in balmora seeing as it won't disapear anyway and nnoone will react if you pick it back up since it's yours? endless storage

Or decorate the rooftops hm, gotta try that
Post Wed May 15, 2002 8:01 am

I use the crates by the mages guild, they can hold a lot of stuff and is a little more organized then just throwing stuff on the ground. They dont dissapear and the villagers dont get mad cuz no one owns the crates.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:06 am

Guest Dare

quote:
hm can't you just drop everything on the street in balmora seeing as it won't disapear anyway and nnoone will react if you pick it back up since it's yours? endless storage

Or decorate the rooftops hm, gotta try that

Hmm... not much of a roleplayer are ya? Unless your playing a litterbug! Besides, I keep my equipment highly polished and sharpened. Leaving it outside is a sin to me. It might tarnish or worse.... RUST!!!
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:07 am

His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

NOOOOOOO RUST!

i keep mine in the house of a former orc that i had to kill for the fighters guild.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:55 am
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm renting the upper floor from the outfitter in Balmora. I think all this questing is messing up my mind because I keep sneaking down the stairs to see what he is up to. Luckily he never turns around.

BTW at what level does speechcraft taunt work. My speechcraft is 31 but I can't get the "bad people" to attack me.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:49 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Taunt is very difficult to use. But it will eventually work at least a part of the time.

I have fargoth's house jammed to the ceiling(and past the rafters) with enough armor and weapons and gems and scrolls and books to BUY worrowind. The continent, not the game :)

There are 3 stacks of books that go over my head.

It's been over 100 days gametime and nothing has vanished (except for fargoth...)
Actually, the only way to actually lose an item permanently is to put them on (in?) a corpse, and wait for it to vanish naturally a few months later. Disposing of the corpse won't work, your guy automatically takes everything
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:34 pm
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
i use the storage house in balmora

You mean the council club. Yeah its full of commona tong goons.

personally I just use the sleeping courters of the balmora fighters guild to store stuff. Yeah its overflowing with stuff which has an odd look to it because the physics in MW is wacky. But it's free. (I literally have thirty or more items stacked on top of each other at an angle.)
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 6:05 pm
es3addict
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well i have a question what is this about recall and mnark and everything i wanna have a quick way back to my hsoue cus my abode is in Tel Branora which is a helluva a way from civilization but it has the sweetest house and thats where i keep my premiere stuff but i also have a a hosue in Balmora
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:20 pm
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

mark sets the point where you want to teliport to.
recall teliports you to your mark.
one of the telvanni mouths in sadrith mora will teach you the mark and recall spells for free if you do a chore for her.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:17 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next