View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
TheRaven
Village Leader
Village Leader

questions on henchmen again :-)

some questions about henchmen

- as you can't give your henchmen items except potions, will they ever upgrade their weapons and armor?

- how do things work with potions?? do henchmen store them in their inventory or not?
I noticed that my barbarian sometimes uses a healing potion on his own and sometimes not. i don't know if it has something to do with giving my henchman a potion when he is at full healh, or not.

- the game tips say "your henchman might give you items don't drop or sell them you might need them later" ... does this mean I shouldn't sell the items from chapter 1 henchmen quests that are of no use for me.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:47 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: questions on henchmen again :-)

quote:
Originally posted by TheRaven
some questions about henchmen

- as you can't give your henchmen items except potions, will they ever upgrade their weapons and armor?

- how do things work with potions?? do henchmen store them in their inventory or not?
I noticed that my barbarian sometimes uses a healing potion on his own and sometimes not. i don't know if it has something to do with giving my henchman a potion when he is at full healh, or not.

- the game tips say "your henchman might give you items don't drop or sell them you might need them later" ... does this mean I shouldn't sell the items from chapter 1 henchmen quests that are of no use for me.

1 - The henchmen are using an equipment/level scheme for NPCs similar to the one presented in the DMG, only with full player equipment worth. Their armor, weapons, and miscellaneous magic items upgrade as the game progresses. Don't worry about them... they'll have better stuff than you for quite a while.

2 - The number of healing potions they get depends on how many they 'buy' when they level up. It's part of their overall equipment value. Some (like Red Tiger) buy a seemingly unlimited amount (not hard when you have an extra 15,000 gold allocated). You can't 'stock them' with potions, though. Passing them a potion when they're full doesn't do it.

3 - If you do the sidequests with the same henchman through all the chapters you end up with a rather NICE item from them. I won't say how nice... but it's worth picking a favorite henchman (any really) and going with them exclusively. Don't sell what they give you unless you desperately need the cash... and trust me ... you don't.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:16 pm