Raven , Gomez and the old camp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
under_old
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Raven , Gomez and the old camp

I 'm very happy when I was a shadow of the old camp , and more after I fight the minecrawler , thorus said i' m worth to be a guard . But then , when I sucess in a job for the ore barons , what they to me ? Raven , he don't tell me anything more . Then I do my own thing , at last, I was called a traitor . So , everyone what do you thing about that camp ,about gomez ?. Now i guess I am enought to beat Arto ( gomez ' bodyguard ) ,and i am very willing to work for gomez as an ore baron.. Shit ,but ,, isn' t the old camp , that' s all , can never really join the old camp in gothic 1 ?
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:57 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes you can join the Old Camp. You said you were a shadow, that means you've already joined the camp.

If I'm correct you can become a guard or fire mage after you've killed the minecrawler queen.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:24 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Raven will not have dialog options until you witness the invocation of the sleeper.

Being a "traitor" is just something in the storyline once you reach a certain point.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:16 pm
under_old
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Raven will not have dialog options until you witness the invocation of the sleeper.

Being a "traitor" is just something in the storyline once you reach a certain point.

witness the sleeper ? Is that after finish something in the sleeper 's temple , then I can return to the old camp ? But, even I have join the mecerany of new camp and become high magician of water ? and i killed someone in the old camp , after all , I 'm still ?
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:04 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

No. For the player, his or her Old Camp history ends with the Old Camp's attack on the Free Mine. It's impossible to remain a member of the Old Camp after that.
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:21 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Your only option is to change camp, you can only join the New Camp after you're trown out of the Old Camp. It depends on your guild what you can become.
Guard--> Mercenary
Fire Mage --> Water Mage.
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:36 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Nothing prevents a former Old Camp guard from becoming a Water Mage (except for a lack of experience points).
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:37 pm
CassRo
Seer of Delphi
Seer of Delphi

it would be really, really stupid to become a water mage if you were a guard. even if u were already a new camper from the start, it will still be really stupid. why? because u have to spend 140 skill points for the 6th circle PLUS the mana necessary. i tried that and when i finished the game AND killed ALL the Old Camp AND the Swamp Camp 9except for the immortal) AANNDD pretty much all the monsters in the game i still had level 36 and 40 mana and 5th circle and couldn't anvance any further

You read this text AGAIN?! ARGHH! Stop reading! Now! You're still reading this, aren't you. *sigh* Sure, read, I doesn't bother me. Really! Read on, dude. Cool. READ. Ok, enough! Stop! ... I hate you ... If you don't stop I'll replay Manhunt and I'll show you what I can do with a toothpick!!!11 Save the Whales!!!!!!111oneoneone
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:53 pm
under_old
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah , become a water mage is bad idea , isn' t it ? Sure . In gothic 1, i like increase strengh than magic , and myself in ohter game i like a charater which can use sword and a blade than magic. And , already 6th circle of magic , is bad too ?
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:55 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Of course it isn´t bad to be in the sixth circle, i play as a fire mage now and have only 25 strength points while i have a level 12 character. with the little bonus from the guy on the rice field and ten learning points spend on strength i think i have enough for now, you just have to get good sword with much damage/low strenht requirements, that way you can get to the sixth circle with a lot mana capacity without much trouble.
And later yo can always increase your strength with your last few level ups and all the potions of permanent changes to get strong enough to wield a certain plot-weapon
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:47 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Nothing prevents a former Old Camp guard from becoming a Water Mage (except for a lack of experience points).

I know (I should have also mensioned that) but I was naming the most appropriate options.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:46 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I went the rouge -> merc -> water mage route and had more than enough skill points to max mana and get the 6th circle. I only bought up to 50 str and sneaking but that was enough to last me till i become a water mage.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Inm the ned if oyu dont have 250 mana without anytraining ur a looser.
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:15 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yeah... When you are a fire mage they let you join to the new camp, i can belive, cuz the mages are honorable men. But the guards.... The guards killed all scrapers and mercenaries, attacked the free mine and killed the other mercenary in their camp. Killed their allies. Now what abaut the ,,little guard"? Why are they let join an assasin? Why don't an other story?
Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:39 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

little guard?
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:22 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next