Lost in the Sleepers Temple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
FelixTibbs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lost in the Sleepers Temple

Ok i've been in the sleepers temple in the middle of the orc city for quite some time, and im stuck. Ive defeated 3 of those undead shamans, and right now im in the area where that crazy bal from the swamp camp gives his speech about how the high priest gave him and Kalom the power of immortality. The gate behind him is locked, and thats where i think i need to go. where do i go from here?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:39 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Near the gate, you will see a room with holes on the floor. Don't enter the room! Stand outside and shoot at the target up on the wall. This will enable you to go into the room without hurting you. A wall inside should be lowering by now. Shoot the target in the hole, and then you will see a cut-scene showing two gates opening up. Go into the indicated room, use the switch in order like you have done before, and the gate behind the templar should be opened.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:45 am
FelixTibbs
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmmm i shot that target before hand but i didnt see any walls being lowered. where did that happen?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:05 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

It's in the room with the spikes. Maybe you missed the lowering part. Try to use a torch or a light spell to reveal the area and find the hole.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:07 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

When you get up to the switches if you press them in the wrong order a demon will appear. You can keep killing them to gain a couple of levels to make it a bit easier. You can actually still do this trick after you have opened the gate too.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:22 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Yes, a benefitial punishment for using the wrong switch indeed.

Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:07 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

How many of those demons did you kill. I got up from level 28 to 42 that way. Then I just got bored. At the end I was able to kill them with one hit.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:43 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Wow! You must have a lot of patience, HeWhoHasNoName! I got bored already when I got up to level 31.

Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:33 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

How did you perfect the character then. I've already maxed out dex and strength. I'm gaining levels to max out the magic thingsa and mana. I think I'll give up though, its taking too long now. Ask Cowman what level he got up.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:07 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

I did not perfect the character by killing the demons because I don't think that's an honourable way. I tried to gain as much levels as possible by killing most of the monsters each chapter (except for the ones that I can't beat yet, of course!) That's why I have never reached level 40 before! Don't laugh at me...

Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:24 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Then how did you perfect the character without reaching level 40.
I wonder what level you can reach without killing the demons.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:29 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

I guess we are each meaning a different type of perfection. When I say I try to perfect the character, I mean reaching the absolute highest level without the means of cheating or tricks. I think the highest I reached was level 39, because I know that I have never seen the digit 4.

Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:33 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Oh, in that case I'm sorry to say but you havn't perfected your character. The highest possible level is 100. Good luck.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:44 am
Andy22
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok...I am in the same spot is the original poster...almost. When I came to the room with holes the only switch at eye level was was one that opened a cubie hole which contained some potions and a scroll. I see a square button up above in that same room and I figured I had to shoot it but here's the problem...I don't have a bow or cross bow!!!

Is a bow the only way to activate this switch? Please tell me there's another way without me having to go back and find a bow or I'll
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:53 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Sorry, you need a bow or crossbow. (And don't forget ammo!)
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:37 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next