Usergroups
Fighting in the arena
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When i was fighting in the arena, I found a little bug.
if you lose the fight , and once they take your ore go after him and knock him out you will have double the amount.

i did it. I started with 16,000 and when got it back i have 30,000

(i didn't cheat for ore I robed every one in the game) and let them wack me so i get more )

[ This Message was edited by: Blitzkrieg_SH on 2001-10-07 12:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Blitzkrieg_SH on 2001-10-07 12:56 ]
Post Sun Oct 07, 2001 5:53 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yes, itīs a small bug. In the German communities I read some reports about some other variations of this bug. However, there is simply no need to exploit it.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:42 pm
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was just wondering if any one else had the same problem , and ,or had any news on it being fixed?
Post Sun Oct 07, 2001 7:50 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

This game has intentional 'bugs'.

Germans aren't like Americans. While Americans are trying to get 'bugs' out of games, the Germans are trying to put some in, just so that you can have an alternative way of winning objectives.

Like the falling bug. If you hold sidestep, you take no damage. They have no intentions of taking it out. Because it puts a more interesting twist in the game.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2001 11:19 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2001-10-07 18:19, FetishFool wrote:
This game has intentional 'bugs'.

Germans aren't like Americans. While Americans are trying to get 'bugs' out of games, the Germans are trying to put some in, just so that you can have an alternative way of winning objectives.

Like the falling bug. If you hold sidestep, you take no damage. They have no intentions of taking it out. Because it puts a more interesting twist in the game.

I guess they simply took a more pragmatical approach and decided not to fix those minor bugs.
The German way would have been spending another two years to make Gothic flawless. And outdated, ugly and boring because Baldurīs Gate 3 supports Trueform, etc. .
(Over-)Perfectionism is THE typical German disease.
You are right, Americans would fix the bugs. I think, simply because they want absolute control. Unforeseen incidents make them kind of nervous.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2001 11:53 pm
Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

My Idea of this Bug is this:

First version was that when U get knocked out, U lost all your ore and the other take all.
Than pb decided it is to hard when u lose all u ore and changed it to only the half of the Ore.
But they forget to change the code of the other that takes the Ore.
Now u lost only the half and he takes all.

And this Bug is hard to find, I never noticed it in all the time i played the game.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:59 am