Ruga won't train :-(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Willmore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ruga won't train :-(

I became a city guard (militia) and went to ruga to get my dexterity up, but he won't train me. There a greeting, and the only dialogue option available is the "END" option !!!

Did I do somethign wrong ?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:54 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I get the same thing. I just started as Militia today. When I went to him for Crossbow training, there was only END.

Journal says "Ruga can train in Crossbows, Dex, etc. But only to people who service the King."

I doubt he only trains Paladins since he's Militia himself.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:09 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
I doubt he only trains Paladins since he's Militia himself.

I load up my militia man and I got two options
  • Show me how to use a crossbow
  • I want to become more dexterous
I don't know if your character is normal or my character is normal.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:16 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to train. Since... That's what he's there for.
Looks like my game is bugged.

Which would suck because I want to train for 100% in Crossbow. He's the only one that would be able to, if at all.

(This is my second time playing through, I started with my old character. So I'm working on achieving 100% in all skills. Which is damn difficult because gaining a level takes 16 000 experience. haha. Price to pay.)
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:34 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Which would suck because I want to train for 100% in Crossbow. He's the only one that would be able to, if at all.

He can't train up to 100% crossbow -- 60% only. Did you read the teacher list I've compiled earlier?

Ruga is not the only one who's teaching crossbow. Dragomir can do that as well.

For dexterity, Cassia from the Thieves' Guild is an excellent teacher.

quote:
So I'm working on achieving 100% in all skills. Which is damn difficult because gaining a level takes 16 000 experience.

You may be able to do that in G1, but I think it's kind of impossible this time, unless you want crappy strength and dexterity.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:44 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy

quote:
So I'm working on achieving 100% in all skills. Which is damn difficult because gaining a level takes 16 000 experience.

You may be able to do that in G1, but I think it's kind of impossible this time, unless you want crappy strength and dexterity.

Eh? I started with my Level 36 Mercentary character that I Exported. When I started a new game, I simply Imported him. Then emptied his Inventory into Xardas' tower. And used Character Helper to remove his guild.

So I still have all my Str and Dex that I worked up the first time. Along with most of my skills, health etc.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:52 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Eh? I started with my Level 36 Mercentary character that I Exported. When I started a new game, I simply Imported him. Then emptied his Inventory into Xardas' tower. And used Character Helper to remove his guild.

You know, that's cheating. And that's probably the reason why Ruga doesn't talk to you.

Why don't you just hex edit your .ZEN hero import file right away?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:01 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Editing the zen file directly was buggy in Gothic 1. Plus, I had little reason to.

I unloaded all my stuff into Xardas' chest so I could go back to it all if I needed to. Like for Constitino's quest.

Editing out guild might cause problems. Using CH works. And killing him afterwards gives 80exp, so cake and eat it too. =P
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:05 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

I tried to talk to Ruga with a hero whose crossbow is 60% proficient. Ruga didn't even mention he could teach crossbow. (60% was his limit.) So, I think the problem lies on the fact that your character is too good. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know.

I also tried to talk to Ruga with my imported paladin veteran. Got no conversation options for him.

So, go find a better teacher in crossbow. AFAIK, a crossbow expert can be found during the final battle. You might probably want to jump to this final battle and find that teacher.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:25 am