Usergroups
Gothic 3 only on PC?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

well I like charcoal grills, the gas grills just doesn't taste the same, I think it's the lack of smoke, as for games, what's wrong with playing old games?, soon you'll say that fallout is old news too and not worth your time???, sure the graphics are not so amazing anymore but the gameplay is still as immersive and fun as ever.
Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:00 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

@ X-dANGEr:

I'm not fighting, I'm just being a retard.

I think you can tell from most of my posts that I agree with those 2 points.
Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:27 pm
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I just read they are planning gothic for consoles, but excactly which gothic for what console was not mensioned, but i doubt they would remake gothic 1-2, probably just port gothic 3
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:07 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Any links?
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:39 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

It's from a newspost on JoWooD-News. It's also on GothicDot. It's something JoWooD said at a shareholders' meeting. It's too early to say that this is really going to happen.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:43 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Yea, I also noticed it on WoG. Why don't anyone post in that 'Official News Only' thread just to get forum-ers like me up to the moment.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:57 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

To drive traffic to GothicDot.

Don´t forget that JoWooD doesn´t have the most important thing you need to start a project: money. How would they pay all the projects mentioned on the "brand development" slide? It´s more of an information about future possibilities to keep their investors silent.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:03 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

But still, they're news. And what's bad in keeping us silent

P.S. You really need traffic on GothicDot?? I can keep refreshing their if you do
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:54 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
But still, they're news. And what's bad in keeping us silent

P.S. You really need traffic on GothicDot?? I can keep refreshing their if you do

Different IP-adresses, please. Maybe you could use a proxy-sever or some public computer.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:59 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Well, I have 8-10 PCs but linked to the same router. Will they work?? (I mean under my control in the house, you know, the whole building is linked to me )
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:20 pm
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
It's from a newspost on JoWooD-News. It's also on GothicDot. It's something JoWooD said at a shareholders' meeting. It's too early to say that this is really going to happen.

It is indded early, but both developers and publisher now have hinted on a possible xbox 360 release. That move would bring millions of gamers to know the game series, and only benefit gothic 3 team. Also i hope they take their time as with Oblivion and make it the right way, bring everyhting on th console and not just port it over which would mean cutting back on things or a bad frame rates from underusing the hardware
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:52 am
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Gothic 3 only on PC?

quote:
Originally posted by Chekote
quote:
Originally posted by nasos_333
And by the way, a 700$ pc could NEVER run either Oblivion or Gothic 3 anywhere near properly or like xbox 360. My pc price for that is at least 2000 euro, which FAR surpases anything i can spend on xbox

Trust me, a $700 PC can EASILY run Oblivion and Gothic 3 perfectly. 2000 euro is absolutely insane. You are obviously paying faaaaaar too much for your hardware, or your buying things that are just not necessary.

I only recently built two friends PC's for that price range and they are both EXTREMELY fast machines for that money. I will be upgrading my machine with that budget at the end of this month, and when Oblivion comes out I will gladly post benchmarks to prove my point.

Ok, i have done the research, even now a recommended spec pc costs at least 800 euro, with the lowest of 3 Ghz CPU's, 1 GB ram, lowest HDD possible, X800 cheapest version card, simple sound,case etc

Now as my experience dictates, the recommened machine i decribed will run the game in medium settings at best scenario. At the VERY best scenario that is. Now to be more realistic, to reach xbox 360 performance you need at least a dual core cpu, since xbox uses 3 cores, so a 300 euro MINIMUM for that in some good Ghz, then for video you will need a 1900 to reach xbox performance, but i can lower that to a 1800XL for another 350 euro, so adding the other stuff and staying at 1 GB ram you have an AT LEAST

1200 euro or 1200*1.1984=1400 $

Now with those money you get a machine that will not play games one year from now, and will play Oblivion and Gothic 3 torllerably with all settings to max. And how exactly is that a good deal if you plan to get the pc only for gaming ? I have a nice pc for any of my computing needs, why upgarde just for 3-4 games that could well be ported to xbox 360 ?

While i get an xbox 360, 400 euro and get it over with, plus i am sure to play the games, no bugs, patches, crashes, incompatibilities, unexplained hungs, new drivers that may make some older games unplayable, and frame rates will not suffer as much as with a moderate pc just in the edge of running those games.

So the best thing that could happen to anyone with a low end pc, that does not need to upgrade for any reason other than gaming, is Gothic 3 to come for xbox 360 soon after pc version. That way all console and pc users with low end pc's will be able to play the amazing game, and those are in the rangle of hundreds of thousands, so why do you think because you can have a 1500 $ pc, others want to get one if they got the chance to get the game for xbox 360 and play the game better as well?

Then again, even if i was to upgrade my pc for gaming, i would not do it now, i would love to play games like Crysis with full effects on, and that would mean getting a DX10 video card, which will be out in a year or so. Again since Gothic 3 can indeed run on xbox 360 easily, would be cool to be able to postpone upgrading now for the game, and wait until i can get a video card that will last a bit longer than 2006 end at most, plus be able to play games better looking than Gothic 3.

Finally i hate playing in front of a pc, it just destroys the immersion, and the analoge joystick is really a more natural way of controlling a game character, giving different walk speeds, and changing direction more naturally.

And i find no reason at all why console gamers should never play gothic games, this is just stupid. Consoles are no longer for kids, with games like resident Evil, Gears of War, Halo etc this is a belief that is cultivated mainly from nintendo consoles, which indeed are mainly for kids, but let's not overgeneralise. Also Oblivion and morrowind has MORE than proved how much loved gothic series could be on consoels, much more than on pc actually, and still retain every bit of complexity and character.

So the best thing ever for me right now (and also for hudreds of thousands of gamers) would be a Gothic 3 version for xbox 360 to enjoy the game to its fullest until next year that i get a DX10 video card and enjoy next gen graphics of Crysis.

Anything else is a waste of money unless you already own a grand pc.
Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:56 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well spoken, nasos. Unfortunately, though, the bug free console era is over.... I've seen several console games crash, and I have seen buggy console games, too. Those were exceptions, however, and not the rule as in PC games (only recently bought a brand new PC game and didn't think of looking for patches before I started playing it - so after a I had played about a third of the game I was stuck because of a bug. I had to download and install two patches to get it fixed.)
I also agree with the 'more platforms, more publicity' theory.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:16 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:

Finally i hate playing in front of a pc, it just destroys the immersion, and the analoge joystick is really a more natural way of controlling a game character, giving different walk speeds, and changing direction more naturally.

And i find no reason at all why console gamers should never play gothic games, this is just stupid. Consoles are no longer for kids, with games like resident Evil, Gears of War, Halo etc this is a belief that is cultivated mainly from nintendo consoles, which indeed are mainly for kids, but let's not overgeneralise. Also Oblivion and morrowind has MORE than proved how much loved gothic series could be on consoels, much more than on pc actually, and still retain every bit of complexity and character.

Your first part is entirely your own opinion, because for me it's the other way around, nasos. I prefer the keyboard-mouse combo before any joypad.(and yes, I do have some consoles: sega 16 bit + PS2)

In your second part you take games as examples that are inmy opinion kiddy and thereby reffering to 14-17y old. You also say that Oblivion has proven more loved -> where can you already get Oblivion??? Second: Morrowind is not Gothic, but I do share your opinion partly. Gothic could be loved on consoles too and even reach higher sales figures, but saying that they will be loved more then on pc is just plain wrong -> Gothic was intended to come out on consoles, but it was so unwanted that they could only publish it on pc. The PC market has even now (I don't think it will be forever) a much larger variety then any console. This implies that there are more games getting a chance on pc then on console. It's because of this that Gothic could exist, cause in a world with only consoles -> No Gothic.
NFG member
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:50 pm
nasos_333
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
quote:

Your first part is entirely your own opinion, because for me it's the other way around, nasos. I prefer the keyboard-mouse combo before any joypad.(and yes, I do have some consoles: sega 16 bit + PS2)

In your second part you take games as examples that are inmy opinion kiddy and thereby reffering to 14-17y old. You also say that Oblivion has proven more loved -> where can you already get Oblivion??? Second: Morrowind is not Gothic, but I do share your opinion partly. Gothic could be loved on consoles too and even reach higher sales figures, but saying that they will be loved more then on pc is just plain wrong -> Gothic was intended to come out on consoles, but it was so unwanted that they could only publish it on pc. The PC market has even now (I don't think it will be forever) a much larger variety then any console. This implies that there are more games getting a chance on pc then on console. It's because of this that Gothic could exist, cause in a world with only consoles -> No Gothic.

So you consider Gears of War, Halo 1-2, and resident Evil games for 14 year olds ?????? That leaves WHAT games exactly for grown ups ??? By your logic, EVERY game could be for 14 -17 years olds but some very few ones. That is a first, but you did say it was your opinion, so i respect that. But my opinion is that gothic 3 too could be for 14 year olds as much as gears of War or Halo games i mensioned.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:41 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next