Help with My (Bugged) Hlaalu Strongold?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Cable
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help with My (Bugged) Hlaalu Strongold?

Okay, so I exploited the bug that lets you get the second stronghold from House Hlaalu. My problem is that, after turning in the construction contract and land deed to the guy in Balmore, the construction never begins! I've waited around and slept for something like 30 days!

Anyway, is there something I'm missing?

Or, if it's just a bug, what's the console command to begin the first stage of my Hlaalu Stronghold's development?

Thanks.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:17 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

You sure that that bug you said you exploited works? I never heard of it, I never heard for a console command to get your stronghold to level one aswell.

MAybe you got the patch and bug is fixed?
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:43 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

When you say you waited around and slept for 30 days, are you just staying right outside the Stronghold? If so, this may be another bug. I had this problem with my first Stronghold. I kept sleeping in 12 hour increments trying to get it completed, but it never worked. I finally got frustrated and walked away. Then after the load screen between map areas it said my journal had been updated. My stronghold was finished.
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:00 pm
3DFanatic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yep, that is exactly what happened to me! I wanted to wait around to watch my stronghold get built but nothing happened until I left the area.

I'm not sure I would call it a bug, though. I suppose if it had instantly appeared, completely built, right before my eyes, it would have been totally unrealistic. Now, if they could have programmed it so that you could watch the workers digging, hammering, building walls, eating lunch, whistling at the girls, etc. ...
Post Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:31 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

It is just a time equation that must only update between level loads. And yeah, it would be nice if they had workers constructing and you could hear hammers and saws and stuff. All I got was just some dude standing there telling me everything is in the works or whatever he said.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:24 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: Help with My (Bugged) Hlaalu Strongold?

quote:
Originally posted by Cable
Okay, so I exploited the bug that lets you get the second stronghold from House Hlaalu. My problem is that, after turning in the construction contract and land deed to the guy in Balmore, the construction never begins! I've waited around and slept for something like 30 days!

Anyway, is there something I'm missing?

Or, if it's just a bug, what's the console command to begin the first stage of my Hlaalu Stronghold's development?

Thanks.

Where do you get the construction contract and do you need to be a certain level? I bought the deed and went to Balmora House Hlaalu. Talked to the guy but could not get a response to land deed. I just read this and guess I need a construction contract. Where do I get that. Please help!! Thanks!!
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can get a contract from the Duke in Ebonheart.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:56 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks Jaz!!!
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:54 pm