Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Have they fixed the Speed and Bow, bug in NotR?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

There is a bug that has existed since Gothic and continued to Gothic 2.
If you are using a Bow while your Speed potion is active, once the potion wears off your Bow freezes and wont shoot.
As you can imagine this can cause certian problems in the middle of battle, er like DEATH
This doesnt happen with Swords or Magic, only Bows.

Have they possibly fixed the Speed and Torch bug ?
Where your Speed wont work if you carry a torch.

Lastly does the Strength requirements on Swords have effect on the speed of the Sword?
Does a Sword with 50 dam and 50 str requirement, faster or slower than a 50 dam Sword with a 40 str requirement?

Thanks for any help.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:54 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: Have they fixed the Speed and Bow, bug in NotR?

quote:
Originally posted by Acleacius
Lastly does the Strength requirements on Swords have effect on the speed of the Sword?
Does a Sword with 50 dam and 50 str requirement, faster or slower than a 50 dam Sword with a 40 str requirement?

Thanks for any help.

Never has the bug you mentioned, although I've played the whole game with a bow once.

The strength reguirement doesn't affect the attackspeed, nor does your strengthlevel. Although some say dexterity does, it has never been proven.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:35 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well actually if u drink a speed potion and draw your sword out u can swing much faster than you swing it in normal mode u can try it
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:05 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Have they fixed the Speed and Bow, bug in NotR?

quote:

No.
quote:
Have they possibly fixed the Speed and Torch bug ?

No.
quote:

No.

* tested on NotR v2.6
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:24 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks Kiwi Boy

Another question about bugs.
There seems to be another bug that forces your charater to stop moving, upon the speech of a NPC.
Example if you fight a NPC that you can knock down, (not a bandit/thug/enemy that cant get back up), if you start running/walking away as the NPC get back up and speaks his bark (just wait till next time or what ever) you charater stops in his track and freezes till releasing and then Repressing a motion key.

Is this posssbily fixed in NotR version 2.6 or is there a fix for this bug?
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:41 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Thanks Kiwi Boy

Another question about bugs.
There seems to be another bug that forces your charater to stop moving, upon the speech of a NPC.
Example if you fight a NPC that you can knock down, (not a bandit/thug/enemy that cant get back up), if you start running/walking away as the NPC get back up and speaks his bark (just wait till next time or what ever) you charater stops in his track and freezes till releasing and then Repressing a motion key.

i never saw that kind of bug myself even on not patched notr , i think u found something new
Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:58 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
bug that forces your charater to stop moving, upon the speech of a NPC.

I would be surprised if the hero moves while he's talking with an NPC.

quote:

Hmm... Even in a non-patched version, the hero is free to move when a beaten NPC issues a post-battle threat.

Would you elaborate more about this bug?

quote:

Not sure which bug you are talking about. Keep in mind that animation glitches do not affect the game overall, and tend to have low priority in the bugfix list.
Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:15 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well I didnt mean to imply PC was moving while talking with the NPC if thats what you meant.

Ok you can consistently cause/get this bug by, being a Magican and during the Seeker quest, where your required to confront, certian citizens about certain objects in thier possession, which you need to retrieve witha duel. (hope that was spoiler free enough)
Anyway once you knock them down get the item then start to walk away, dont let up onthe foward motion, when they stand and make thier bark, your PC will stop moving, in relation to the hostile banter by the NPC.

It happens in almost all cases with NPC hostile banter/barks, I dont recall it happening with Beast.
It happens as example when you have to teach a certian Mercenary a lesson about his big mouth.
Take him down, take what you want, then start to walk away as he stands he will bark and your PC will stop moving.

As I mentioned I mostly play as a Mage, seems like it happens with other Guilds thou I cant recall specifics

I have the UK and US versions happens in both, I have played the game at least 10 times (I know, no life ) mostly as Mage. I have been playing for a guess a year or so on the UK version and recently purchsed the US version.

Cant think of anything else, atm.

Thanks

Edit
Oddly enough this bug maybe attributed to Speed as well, I was in messing around over near Pass of Khorinis, picking Grom's pocket for the 5th chapter 250 exp. I was speeding, ran up picked him and the 2 dragon Snappers appeared back where the Snorting Snapper was, so I draw bow and run up about 10 steps, Grom barks " put that weapon away" I shoot teh 2 Snappers and then unarm the bow then start to run. Grom starts putting away his weapon barks "smart move" and I freeze in my tracks.
Im off to see if the same thing happens without speed.
Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:19 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Anyway once you knock them down get the item then start to walk away, dont let up onthe foward motion, when they stand and make thier bark, your PC will stop moving, in relation to the hostile banter by the NPC.

My hero can still move around even when the NPC is making his/her bark. However, that doesn't mean this glitch is removed -- it just means I still can't get the condition in which this bug is triggerred.

As stated above, animation glitches are not top priority bugs so it's likely that they are remained even in the latest version.
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:50 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ok this one isnt associated with speed, basicly it comes down to you can go up to any citizen, whip out your bow, they agitate, you holster and try to walk it freezes movement on bark and it actually seems like it also freezes on thier holster, also.
I havent tried it with Merc or Paladin, thou it totally suks if your trying to run away from agressive types, its happen when caught stealing or see stepping into a house aggresvie to beat you down or run you off.

Anyway thanks for the check on NotR, they possibly could have fixed this if you dont experience it, yay!
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:57 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Ok this one isnt associated with speed, basicly it comes down to you can go up to any citizen, whip out your bow, they agitate, you holster and try to walk it freezes movement on bark and it actually seems like it also freezes on thier holster, also.
I havent tried it with Merc or Paladin, thou it totally suks if your trying to run away from agressive types, its happen when caught stealing or see stepping into a house aggresvie to beat you down or run you off.

Anyway thanks for the check on NotR, they possibly could have fixed this if you dont experience it, yay!

that is actually very weird i never heard that kind of bug yet and i never seen that kind of bug myself also [ i finished the game several times now ]
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:58 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well since it happens on both the UK and US version, I cant think its a bad install or anything.

Maybe I have hardware/software conflict, im using a Audigy sound card, cant think of any setting in the Options or Gothic.ini which could cause it.

I just checked it in Gothic and it doesnt happen only in Gothic 2, its not really a show stopping bug, just bad for your health
Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:22 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I had a different bug with speech. When I talked to an npc, I didn't want to hear everything so I speeded it with clicking the right mouse button. Now most of the times this didn't cause any problem, but when I played for a few hours the next thing happened. The dialogue box didn't appear and the system hung. There's simply noway of getting out of this then just resetting your computer.(even alt-ctrl-del didn't work for me)

I never had any problems like you've described them. Btw, do you mean that your character freezes for a copple of seconds or for the rest of the time?
NFG member
Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:28 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

There's simply noway of getting out of this then just resetting your compute

Yes thats a really nasty bug, if I remember you cant even get out with Marvin mode. I tried even possessing the other charater in the dialogue and could not get out of the dialgue box that way either, have to reboot every time

"do you mean that your character freezes for a copple of seconds"

Its like your walking along, then you just stop forward motion, then you must release your forward key and press it again to start moving. The game doesnt not freeze, its that agitated/hostile NPC barks stop forward motion, havent tried it in reverse, yet

I plan to test it some more but, I have just been playing to much latly need a break
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:15 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

that Barcuses bug i have seen on my system also pretty nasty indeed but about that other bug maybe u got somekind of nasty virus inside ur pc ?
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:46 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next