Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
sect questions *spoilers*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I have played a little ways into the game in the old camp to get a feel for it. Now I have created my character and I want to join the sect. I have to get the favor of four of the Baals in order to do so. I have influenced the Baal at the main gate and the one who wants me to bring him a new novice "Dusty". My only clue to the third Baal is to cast a sleeping spell on one of his novices. However I am told to get the scroll from another Baal. However, that is where I am stuck. I have tried speaking to everyone and gaining the favor of the final two Baals eludes me. Can anyone tell me how to gain there support?..

Also, I have not found anyone in the sect camp who will train up my str/dex.. or my sword skill. Is there anyone there who will do so, perhaps after I become a novice? And if I do express interest in joining either of the other camps by their quests or such, will it have a negative impact on my standing in the sect camp?

Thanks..
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:41 am

Chirox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There are three other Baals that you can impress (I don't remember any names right now)... By the mashers there is a novice who has worked for two days straight because another one wont relieve him. find that person and get him to go to work. THat will impress the Baal there... Choose a scroll as a reward and you will recieve a sleep scroll... Then go to the Baal who teaches magic and use the scroll on one of his students to impress him... The third Baal that you can impress is by the temple and you will need a special "dreamcall" from the missionary in the new camp (choose "help me become a member of the brotherhood" after helping him deliver weed samples)...

You only need to impress four of the five Baals, so I would go eith the first two if I were you (not so much traveling)...

The cors by the templar training ground can help you train your str/dex and teach you two-handed weapon skill (when you are a templar), noone teaches one-handed weapons in that camp though...
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:29 pm