Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
HELP!!! Urgent, MW crash to desktop before the menu appears!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

HELP!!! Urgent, MW crash to desktop before the menu appears!

Well itīs like this. I changed my computer since i played MW the last time. And of course i saved my savegames and plugins i had. Ok, i installed MW, patched it with the newest patch and put in the saves and the one plug-in. The game crashed before i could get to the menu. I tought to myself "thatīs probably because itīs the wrong patch, not the one i had before". I also had some problems uninstalling it (had to use Uninstall Suite). Well then i went again installing it. I installed and ran the game without the patch and it ran fine (to the menu, i didnīt go further), without the plug-in and saves. So i patch it with the first patch, the one i had in the previous computer, run it without the saves and plugin and it again crashes!
The os is the same, XP but the whole computer changed, but i doubt thatīs the problem.

Iīm really desperate and have run out of ideas, can anybody help me??

Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:51 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Hrm..

Did you download the European patches or something? Or maybe you downloaded the U.S. patches and your game is European?
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:26 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

Nope, the patch is european and the game is also EU.
Any other ideas?
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:18 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

CtD

What graphics card do you have? Try updating your graphics drivers.

(Also, I remember something about the EU collector's edition needing the US patch - I presume you've got the "normal" edition?)
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:29 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have GF ti 200. I dont believe the problem is hardware as if u carefully read my post the game worked before i applied the patch.
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:58 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

If you use patch 1.1, try patch 1.2 to see any different. probably something inside patches that cause it. If still crash, just play the game without any patch, i don't think there are quests breaking bug, except for the Quarra vampire Clan's quest.
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:03 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

Crap Itīs like this. With no patch the game runs normally (i played a couple of seconds). With 1.1 patch the game crashes before getting into menu. With patch 1.2 the game not only crashes iīt doesnīt want to uninstall after patching it! Crap and double crap. I guess iīll have to play unpatched game. And i liked the enemy life gauge so much...

Well i thought of something else what changed from the last computer. I didnīt have the Windows XP SP1 fix. Could be this. Damned Microsoft
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:50 pm