Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
how to open the portal?Seriously stuck atm (NOTR)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

how to open the portal?Seriously stuck atm (NOTR)

Well before anyone yells: "read the quest log", i did.

The situation i'm in is following.I've delivered vatras's letter to saturas, like the old man wanted.I've found all the three missing ornaments and got the mages of water to unite it.
What comes to guilds: I've joined in the monestary and the circle of water.I'm in the 3rd chapter.Currently i can't really do any progress,cause vatras requires relief for hi, before jhe can help me with the eye.As far as i understand such thing is not possible untill i've finished the addon.

Well for some reason i'm not able to open the portal!!!
So may i ask from you, how am I supposed to make it work? I can't wear the ornament ring or atleast the game doesn't allow me to do so. Or should i place it somewhere?or should it function like a normal key?!

Oh i'm so stuck now.

Please help, pleaseeee help me*/me wishpers with leeloo's voice*
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Don-Esteban
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Left of the closed portal is the place, you have to plug in the ornament. You only need the ornament in your inventory. You can't wear the ornament, because its nether a ring nor a amulet. Its a ring made of stone, that must be placed in a hole in the wall. Only put your character with the ornament in his inventory in front of the ornament place and "use" this ornament place. The character will open the portal.
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:59 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Don-Esteban
Left of the closed portal is the place, you have to plug in the ornament. You only need the ornament in your inventory. You can't wear the ornament, because its nether a ring nor a amulet. Its a ring made of stone, that must be placed in a hole in the wall. Only put your character with the ornament in his inventory in front of the ornament place and "use" this ornament place. The character will open the portal.

THANK YOU´ESTEBAN! it worked!

I simply cannot belive how blind i was.Before your advice, I was trying to insert the ring directly into the centre of the portal door for hours! .Just take a wild quess, how frustrated game felt . I was allmoust sure that some nasty bug ruined my game or something.Luckily the "keyhole", which ring was supposed to put in, was so small, that i simply overlookked it.

Now back to NOTR!

I am very much obliged to you man! Danke sjön
Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:42 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

At least now you will be strong enough for the add-onn
Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:43 am