Members
Usergroups
something strange
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
graywolf

something strange

Hi there,it is graywolf here.I have to say this one of the best game I have played.I think those give it a mark lower than a 9 are out to lunch,however this is not the reason why I am here. When I start the game I get a screen where there is plain white,I hit escape then it starts to load.After it finishes loading I get another white screen, I hit escape then the main menu shows up,then I select new game,then it loads,I get another white screen,however this time I hear a lady talking to and hear a storm happening,then I hear someone talking to me asking me if I am well,then it flips into the game where you are on the boat when you dock in Morrowind. I have an AMD thunderbird 950,10gb hard drv,128 mb ram,a voodoo 5 5500,an soundplaster pro equivlent.All my drivers are updated. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me.Does anyone know what I have to do.

thanks
graywolf
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:55 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

*points accusatorily at the Voodoo5*

Therein lies your problem; it's not even in the supported chipset list in the readme.txt file. What seems to be happening is that all your FMV (full motion video, for the acronymically impaired) is giving you a white screen, and the easiest thing to blame is your video card.

Be glad the game even runs My advice to you would be to scrounge up enough cash to get a better video card... it'll do wonders for your system anyway. Then again, I have a history of bad advice.

-Matt
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:39 am