paralyzed nord in mournhold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

paralyzed nord in mournhold

i don't know if this has been addressed before, but is there a quest associated with the paralyzed nord hiding in the corner of the area with the statues of merhunes dagon & alamexia fighting it out? i have talked to him a number of times & he always complains about the weather and denies being paralyzed by a witch. i just figured that i would bump into the witch at some point & that would tell me what i needed to do with our frozen nord. but, i never bumped into a witch & the nord refuses to say anything more. i even tried to unparalyze him but that had no effect. is there a quest here? or is this just for giggles?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:36 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I looked into a walktrough and it seems that the nord isn't mentioned even once so I guess there is no quest including him. Ofcourse I may be wrong
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

He's some kind of easter egg. The devs put him in because people would recognize a naked Nord if they saw one, and try to act accordingly. But believe me, this guy has no problem except curious adventurers .
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:43 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Has anybody tried to kill him? Maybe he has some deadly weapon on him
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:31 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

At Vvardenfell you also meet a nord in his underwear who has been tricked by a pretty witch, and wants you to get his axe back for him. The nord in Mournhold is probably only put there to give those of us who solved the tricked-nord-quest a good laugh...
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:28 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You meet two naked, bewitched Nords in the Vvardenfell district, and yes, the Mournhold Nord is there for the reason you gave, Kragor.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:20 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

poor nord, his entire existence is only for gamer's amusement.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:52 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

2 naked nords? I remember that one was somewhere west of Ald-Ruhn, where is the other one?
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:45 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I believe both of the nords are north of caldera on the way to Ald'Rhun
one of them has been tricked by a witch who stole his sword and clothes and you need to help him find her
the other one was also tricked by a witch... but she simply paralyzed him and took all his belongings, you must help him by unparalyzing him.

mind you does anybody know where the witch for the first nord actually is?
i never found her and eventually i simply dragged him around everywhere until he got upsett with me (probably for dragging him all the way to Khuul without giving him some clothes) and attacked me
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:31 am
Bigfoot!
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Strogannov
I believe both of the nords are north of caldera on the way to Ald'Rhun
one of them has been tricked by a witch who stole his sword and clothes and you need to help him find her
the other one was also tricked by a witch... but she simply paralyzed him and took all his belongings, you must help him by unparalyzing him.

mind you does anybody know where the witch for the first nord actually is?
i never found her and eventually i simply dragged him around everywhere until he got upsett with me (probably for dragging him all the way to Khuul without giving him some clothes) and attacked me

The Nord a little west of Caldera is Wine-Sot, and he had his axe stolen, he says If you start up the road in a sort of northwest direction from Wine-Sot and then turn right (due north) at the first junction, you will run into the "witch" before too long. She has a different version of events You'll have to decide whose story you believe.

Bigfoot!
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:47 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

gah
you always have to make those damn tedious choices
not as if there is a correct version IMO
does the witch give you a quest with something better than the axe or something?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:52 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

it has been a long time since i did that quest. however, i tried siding with both the witch & the nord. both times i remember thinking: "gosh, it is pointless no matter which route you go." i think the witch gives you a ring or something while the nord gives you a similarly pointless item. sorry for the lack of specifics, but it was such a pointless quest that it really didn't stick in my mind.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:22 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The Nord gave me a raise in Strength (+2 I think). I tried to play both sides before saving (yes, I was curious), but picked the Nord. I mean, why would I side with a gal?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:43 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Permanent +2 Str, or just for some time?
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:54 pm
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't remember how(been a long time), but I got the axe back for the nord. When he wanted it back, I said: "hmm, 'tis a mighty fine weapon! We keeps it!". Then I killed him! Hey, he attacked me...
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:10 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next