DD Cheats Or Editor help!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Gremick
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

DD Cheats Or Editor help!

I have got dd and i have just put on the dd patch 1.34 and i want a trainer or a editor or cheats of some sort that will work can any of you please help me out .links?? or what trainers to get and detailed instructions how to use them please you will have to forgive me as im 56 yrs of age and the cheats help me to play the game...makes it a bit easier
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:56 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

http://www.locusinn.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=divinity&l1=Cheat%20Guide&infoID=138

Locus Inn goes into a lot of detail about how to hex edit the game.

I never really found it necessary to cheat on DD. But this trainer here seems to do all that you'll need. Just run it while the game is running and add what you like.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:07 pm
shadow9d9
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You want to cheat in a single player rpg? Can you say LOOOOSER!
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:47 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

No, he just wanted to lessen his game experience. That's all.
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:09 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Lots of people like to use cheats/trainers for games. That's their right if they so choose. Some people just want to experience the story of the game, but aren't able to handle all the combat, especially early on when the character is weak. Don't criticise others for doing things differently. Age can limit what people can do easily; you'll be old one day, if you're lucky!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:02 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
you'll be old one day
I just turned 68. I use hacks sometimes and some cheats are fun like the shelby cobra(that's a muscle car from the old days) in Age of empIres. Turn Based (wizadry8) has nor needs any. I guess being raised in a gadget free world has limited me. Darn fingers get tangled. And I never got "Fog of War" I like to see the whole screen as a big surprise may be my last! Game any way you can. What you do to get a fun SP experience is your business. Usually mentioning cheats brings out comments that are not going to change anything. Pirating games is cheating not giving yourself some extra gold in a game or making a custom character better since the +4 whatever was 2 days back under a floor tile behind a cupboard needing 4 keys and a chant to open. Give your self what you need and game on. And I suggest trying divine Divinity without cheats first. I am but will hex edit if I break some quests. So far backtracking is easy and the game is a blast. Lets put "cheats Y/N" to rest.
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:42 pm
fifafan247
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i want to use a 1.33 deviance trainer with this game, but none of the patches work. the patch loads up, and it says instaliing patch ersion 1.1. then in the patch log, it says version 1.1. does any1 know of a patch that works?
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:36 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

try it anyway

I've been known to cheat in tutorials but this game needs none to enjoy. It's different than other rpg's. Seriously try it for a while with Val's quest guide. Patch 34 cleans up alot of the game's quirks and it runs flawless. The npc's do what they're supposed to and so far (level 35) all the triggers work. Not a small feat. The fog cleans up after going somewhere so a maphack like in diablo is not needed. Just enough gold so a gold hack is not needed, I usually give myself gold in most games cause I want the best stuff. Some hex cheats are available here if you want to try hex editing, too advanced for me. It's been a while since a game this good has crossed my desk.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:12 pm