Two questions?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Two questions?

Hey, I started replaying Gothic I and I never actually played as a magician and I would like to go pure magic if that is really possible, because it's pretty hard to kill enemies in groups. Currently I'm in chapter 3, in start, I have learned the 4th circle of magic and using storm of fire and also I'm lvl 19, but still large group enemies whoop my ass real hard. So I'm wondering, is the magicians life gonna get any easier?

The other question would be, that I don't really remember, where to get good 2-handed weapons... Currently I'm using a templars light two-hander, but I'm thinking to knock out the white templar trainer in the Sect camp, who sells you the Brotherhood armor.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:50 am
Garanixx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm, life as a mage getting easier.. that is a good question, personally i have played as a mage many times, but i've always become a one handed weapon master, and raised my strength significantly,so with the tougher enemies i also never had any problems, going as a pure mage i imagine is hard, i doubt it would get much easier really,since storm of fire is one of the best spells in the game... good luck if you want to continue on this path.. although i'm fairly sure it wont get much easier without at least basic weapon training and at least an average amount of strength, myself i'm the type who kills out all possible npc's in all 3 camps and anyone i find outside,except those i need,but even their time comes eventually *evil grin* this brings me enough levels to train myself well in weapons and strength and still be a powerful mage at the same time.

As for a good 2-hander... i'm not really sure what to tell you on that one.. dont remember where you get a good one too well, you could try beating up Lee, the mercenary leader in the new camp, you'll notice that he is not immortal and can be knocked down,i'd guess that he should have something good
But then again i am not certain,i never did bother with 2-handers too much, what i always do is get on a high level before even going into the castle in the old camp, over lvl 10, and i train my strength to be very high, at least 80,with that i go into the castle and beat up scar, one of the 2 ore barons down in the room where gomez is,and take his sword, its the best 1-handed weapon you'll find in the game,and its also better than most 2 handers, except the ones you can get when nearing the end of the game, like innos' rage for example, gomez himself has that one, i always beat up scar and take his sword, if you beat only him up and leave arto alone, no one will even attack you,you can just beat the crap out of scar ,take his sword, and there you go ^^ its got 85 damage as i know
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:09 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

NO it gets quite hard actually, I would recomend mastering 1h combat, that costs 30 LP and getting your str to about 55-60
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:56 am
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I'm a templar and I really like to blend into the game with my character, so I'm like a templar, who uses two handed swords.

Oh also, as a magician I'm using summon skeleton scrolls usually since you can repeat the the spell without destroying your first summons.

I always take 2-handed weapons now because at 10% the character swings it pretty fast and I usually take long swords so that the enemy wouldn't get close.
M essages
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:58 am
Garanixx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

you're a templar? then why are you trying to play as a pure mage??
If you were a mage of fire then i'd understand, but templars were supposed to combine magic with combat skill, there is no need to master 1-handed weps, if you have a good amount of strength, the basic 2-handed training would already make things much easier,of course mastering the 2-hander would in no way hurt either
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:41 pm
sushimees
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You know, that is very possible that I might be playing with 2 different characters. One time I play with my mage and the other time with templar.
M essages
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:21 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

you should split them up... first mage, then Templar
or the opposite
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:08 am