need to get 1000 gold
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

need to get 1000 gold

hello, i need 2000 gold to get cornelius to talk to me, i have 1000. where can i muster another 1000 gold?. iv robbed most of uppper quater.....
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:21 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

No offense, but...how can you POSSIBLY be this far in the game and not even have at least 2000 gold coins? Try selling some of your most certainly numerous items...either that or start killing monsters and selling their parts, or searching around the game and finding treasures in chests that you can sell. You can get the gold back from Cornelius after you pay him - he runs to the bandit cave down the hill from Xardas' tower - the one with three bandits, one outside two inside, that you probably saw at the start of the game. Knock him out and take your gold back - no consequence for this.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:26 am
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

OK thx for that tip mate i know, but buying heavy militia amrour (2500) freeing Gorn (1000) and buying a Xbow (800) kind of put me down in money
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:29 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Heh Who are you apprentice for? If it's Bosper, sell him all your animal skins. If it's Harad, make a few swords and sell them - you can buy some metal rods from Bennet, two at a time while he goes back and forth from the anvil to the fire pit. If it's Constantino, sell him as many spare mushrooms as you have. If you aren't anyone's apprentice, I'd recommend Bosper - he offers the most gold, especially if you've been hunting a lot and have a lot of skins saved up.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:31 am
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea, i already work for bosper, iv' worked for him since chp1
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:29 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

weired, i never had problems with money
contraly, i finish the game with aprox. 50k gp..
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:56 pm
koray
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lutero can be your solution.He has 1H and 2H books.(He is at the upper quarter.)At night enter his house and beat him.Take all of his items.Than use obilivion spell on him.(If there is an other citizen in the house,fisrt sleep her with sleep spell.)And in the morning sell him those books back.(Sell price of them:3000)Do this as many times as you want.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:45 am
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

also you can beat Cornelius , take his diary and cast oblivion.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:51 am
Kentamanos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Maybe it was because I was a merc, but I didn't have to pay or beat him up. I had an option to basically threaten him and tell the mercs where he lived.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:53 pm