Some Spoilers!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Some Spoilers!

I have compiled these for those who wish not to spend all day waiting for Morrowind.com to load.

www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Birthsigns.wpd
www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Guilds_and_Houses.wpd
www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Predefined_Classes.wpd
www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Races.wpd

Copy them into your browser's Address Bar and press Enter, you will then be prompted to download these Word Perfect Files, totalling 90 KB.

Notice that this post was my 1337 th post.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:11 am
Potentated Knight of Ni
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

You might have trouble reading the documents
Just change the line spacing (rightclick, paragraph, line spacing to 1.pt)
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:38 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I'll also copy and paste some info on playing as a vampire here:

Quoted from Animation, member of the Morrowind.com Forum.

"CLANS:

There are 3 vampire clans you can be infected by. One clan you might meet on some of the main quests, but the others are hidden, but out there. Each one has slightly different stats and different spells. I dont recall the names of the 3 clans or the spells.

NON-VAMPIRE QUESTS:

As a vampire, you will be on the fringe of society. Most people wont talk to you except some wizard and Telvanni (sp?) types, who have a professional understanding and will deal with you. Still, many of their quests you cant do because you can no longer interact with others ... though quests that you can solve by killing people are still open to you, and of course those that dont require you to interact with others much.

VAMPIRE QUESTS: there are 17 vampire quests. 8 are generic, and there are 9 others also [3 for each of the 3 vampire clans]. SO, you can do 11 vampire quests.

LIFE AS A VAMPIRE:

They say that as a vampire, you will be a killing item-taking machine who lives on the fringe of society, almost all alone.

You wont gain back health from sleep, but you get a life drain spell that lets you take it from others. Sleeping will restore fatigue and mana tho.

EXTRA SPOILER:

Sleeping wont regain yer health because you have bad dreams, like really bad ones, like having your lips sewn shut. Apparently when you sleep you get to see a movie of some of these dreams. So, sleeping can be fun."

--------------------------

Quoted from nathanhughes, member of the Morrowind.com Forum

"Vampirism grants a 20 point boon to all your stats, and 30 point bonuses to skills Sneak, Athletics, Acrobat, Hand to hand,Unarmored, Mysticism,Illusion and Destruction.

In ADDITION, each guild you join bestows upon you (depending on which one you join) ANOTHER 20 point stat increase and three ADDITIONAL skill increases on top of the FIRST ones! yikes!

ALSO, vampires get two unique spells. One is a Vampire Touch spell that leeches health from them to you. Another is a more potent and longer lasting Levitate spell. Cool!

Vampires are also immune to paralysis and common disease, and have a 50% resistance to normal weapons. heh.

Problem is noone wants to talk to you. other than a few guild members in your vampire guild, the rest of the world, including the OTHER vampire guilds, shun and abhor you. Grreeeaattt.

Well that's the tradeoff for unspeakable power I suppose.
Good news is that it *IS* curable. Curing your vampirism involves a somwhat intricate but cool sounding quest that I think i shall not spoil for you!

So basically you can have a sort of "vampire chapter" to your morrowind experience, culminating in a wonderous return back OUT of vampirism and back TO the main plot. Cool!"

Last edited by sauron38 on Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 10:59 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

The wampire thing look good.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:08 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Yep, if I can get my hands on the Anti-Vampire potion beforehand, I'll definitely try to play as one.

+50 to destruction...
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:11 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Yes. I will eat alot of blood daily.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:14 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I wonder if there will be a way to join all three of those guilds.
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:27 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I wonder that to. But you are our own Morrowind spoiler so I think that it is your work to that.
His latest, a hit

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:29 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

*Intently returns to Morrowind.com's Spoiler Section*

Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:31 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

*Comes back here due to lack of bandwidth over there, with one beaverpelt in hand*

On 04/27/02 at 5:49 PM (GMT -6:00) Srikandi, from Morrowind.com wrote:

"I can tell you something about how the system works.

There are 6 "reaction levels" that each group has towards each of the others: Hated Enemy, Enemy, Hostile, Friendly, Ally, Beloved Ally.

The reactions are not necessarily symmetrical: for instance, the Mages Guild is listed as Hostile to the Imperial Legion, but the Imperial Legion is Friendly to the Mages Guild.

In addition to the "standard" guilds that we have the rank information for, there are several other groups listed in the reaction tables: the three Vampire Clans (Aundae, Berne, and Quarra), the Blades, and the Ashlanders. Some groups don't have reactions listed for certain groups. Printing error or neutral?

There are a lot more negative reactions than positive ones, but I guess that fits what we've heard about Vvardenfell.

I believe it will at least initially be possible to join groups that don't have postive reactions to each other, though it may become hard to keep advancing in both. Otherwise there would be few cases where you could belong to more than one."
Post Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:40 pm
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Over on the morrowind boards someone by the name of Kaibutsu made an Excel document of racial stats, classes, signs, skills, guild req, & some guild ranks.
If you're interested you can download it here:

http://www.geocities.com/walkingwizards/morrowind.html

It does contain macro's so you might get a warning about that. (macro's can contain virusses).
I suggest you scan it with your anti-virus software before you open it, just to be on the safe side.
(I didn't find anything wrong with it, but you can't be too carefull)
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Don't you guys find that reading these types of things takes fun away from the game?
Post Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:18 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I agree..I think that I will just wait and play the game, and THEN start looking around for things, if I discover I need/want help. I think it's great that people put those types of things together, but they're clearly not for everyone.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:59 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I remember when I bought Final Fantasy VII. Along with the game, I bought the strategy guide and read the strategy guide all the way through. For me, that took out all the fun and anticipation that I might have otherwise enjoyed.

So... I've pretty much kept away from strategy guides since then

If I do buy any strategy guide for this game, it'll be after I've played it for a while, and it will be because I WANT to have something other than the game related to Morrowind.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:54 am
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Hey the new spoiler forum looked really empty so I moved this thread on over. Feel free to spoil away
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:24 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next