"Released in German first then 4 weeks later in English
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

"Released in German first then 4 weeks later in English

"Will this game follow suit in coming out in both German and English?" I ask.

"It will come out in German first and then about four weeks later, it will be released in English," he says. "For number two it was about six months between releases." This should be good news for the Anglophones in our audience.

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1132

So when its released in German they are going to release Gothic 3 four weeks after the German release in English? I find that hard to belive remember Gothic 2 it was hell waiting for that game out of the blue it just gets released and i didnt even know.

I really hope this is true but i just cant belive it yet , what do you think? Well its still awile off for the January 2006 release they got 5 months so who knows but i wont be surprised if it gets pushed back or delayed.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:14 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

This time they have a lot more resources, and the English and German version are being made at the same time, so the English will be released as close as possible to the German. I'd say a month or two inbetween the releases should be possible(when doing Gothic 1 for instance, they first made the German version, then translated it. Now the translated version is being made at the same time).

At least that's what I recall from a few interviews.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:22 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

If the game is made at the same time as the German one why should we wait for a month to get it.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:28 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

yeah thats true i read in a post they have 50% more ppl in the development team and have been working on Gothic 3 for quite some time im really glad they are working at them at the same time but you never know its crazy how these things work never know what happens for a release date until we hear the words "gold" so many games getting delayed.

But in previous games PB only had what 10 or 12 ppl working on the game thats really impressive they can create a game like this in such little time they must have a kitchen and bed installed on the side of there computer crazy how much they get done.

Yeah i'd like them to release them at the same time too but maybe they wanna take it one at a time and relax or who knows but i really hope its not a big wait after its out Cant wait to play this game , the engine looks really nice cant get that picture ouf of my mind the one with the orc holding up the scavenger in the air.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:36 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I hope that we germans will not be the beta testers once again - like for Arx Fatalis and The Fall: Last Days of Gaia.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:24 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Patriot
If the game is made at the same time as the German one why should we wait for a month to get it.

Maybe because it needs to be translated?!
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:16 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Surely someone here can tell me why they release a different version of the game for each language. I like it better when one game is released with all the language packs included and you pick which language you want during installation. It's seems less expensive that way. Is it too much data? They could always include another CD, but if it was 8 more CDs I would understand. Although they could switch to DVDs. Hmmm.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:27 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

you can do it with DVDs?! maybe im just kinda u know ==>
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Because the Gothic voice package is HUGE. The voice alone for G2 was over 8 hours of non stop talking. If you smack in a bunch of languages that will add a bunch of CDs, which makes the production cost of the game increase(meaning that every game will be 2-3 DVDs or 10 CDs).

The game is, as far as I know, being translated and updated in English right after it is made in German, so the English version is only one step behind the German version, meaning that we will get it soon after the German version is done. Unlike the previous versions where they first completed the German, then started translating it to English.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:45 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Okay that's a good reason.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:13 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Hehe well. Whenever it is realeased it will take it 1 year to reach my country in middle-east
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:36 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

haha
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:59 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Hehe well. Whenever it is realeased it will take it 1 year to reach my country in middle-east

That's too bad. Even though I think Jowood is doing much more for G3 than it has done for G2. I'm not worrying about the release of the English version. It's already announced on their site. But the middle-east?
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:53 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Re: "Released in German first then 4 weeks later in Eng

quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999

"It will come out in German first and then about four weeks later, it will be released in English," he says.

Awesome news!!!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:33 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

my gosh how many different countries play this game? and yet still its not the most popular game in the world.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:38 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next