Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is Arx screwed up or have I got a *Bugged* game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Is Arx screwed up or have I got a *Bugged* game?

patched version 1.5 here are just a FEW of weird stuff I encounter:

1.Turning left/right takes forever-12 secs to make a 360 deg turn.
2.Everytime I quit/re-enter game all my Inventory is shuffled around--frustrating to say the least.
3.Stacked items max is 10--but you have to combine items one at a time--drop,get, both the same-- ONE at a time: why is there no way to get or drop all 10 or however many of an item at SAME time?
4.I got into the Troll Camp LONG before I ever reached Arx.
5.Went to Observatory BEFORE I ever saw the King and Suiberis is there and tells me he has replaced the murdered guy before him--Falan Orbiplanix (or something like that).From looking at Walktru this aint KOSHER!!!
6.Tool Kits do not stack--although they were stacked in merchants inventory when I bought them----?????
7.Wall blocks that highlight but do nothing( this is in first area after i kill goblin Lord w/Kulthar?sp?and go up stairs ) when pressed--all I get is Char muttering" umm-that SHOULD work" or "That SHOULD work-don't know why it doesn't"...................
8.IF I put something I want to cook directly into the Fire it just disappears--seems like the ONLY way you can cook something is to get it CLOSE enough to the fire w/o getting it into the fire--weird!
9. KEYS--WHY are keys still left to clutter up your Inventory ONCE used?
10. Magic System??? LOL! Don't even get me started on this POS--half the time just drawing the damn runes are a PITA and unsuccessful---need a better system. Not to mention you can have only 3 Hot-Keyed.Seems Absurd to me.
11. MAPS--Don't even wanna talk about it except to say its the weirdest mapping system I have ever met.

Well,I MAY get back to it but not till I have had a few days rest.
Post Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:49 pm
Dreconis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Put the game back into the box and return it to the store. This game does not like you.
Post Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:57 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I know how you feel. I seem to having no end of problems. Repeated conversations, getting captured by the Goblins a second time in the dungeon, not able to get any further as an the guy in the observatory won't give me a key and a note, etc. I also had a big problem when i went into the tunnels beside the Goblin Kingdom before solving the Idol quest. Everyone started attacking me (without any warning beforehand) and I hadn't had a save for a long time.

I'm still really enjoying this game, but it is without doubt the buggiest game I have played since Ultima 9.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:50 pm
Werdna
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Regarding item #9...

You can buy a key ring at the general store for pretty cheap, it takes up only one slot and you can put ALL your keys on it.

Otherwise...
Um...
Dunno.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:58 am
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

And if you have your room, use the sack, it doubles you inventory. The spells just take practise.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:12 am
Crawdaddy79
Village Leader
Village Leader

As far as the spells go, when you click on a rune in your book, it will show you how to draw it... Follow it.

I've wasted a lot of my own time, drawing the rune as it looks on the rock, and that isn't very accurate.

The cave next to the goblin place, the trolls there are SUPPOSED to attack you (I think)... they are not part of the camp. I've gone back to the camp after killing several trolls in the caverns (across from the troll king's camp) and they didn't bother me.

MAPS: Wierd? Don't get you. I think it's good, save for the fact that you can't friggin zoom in...

Tool Kits not stacking: It's like that on purpose.. meant to make the game that much more difficult.

Cooking things on the fire... Run your mouse over the center of the fire. The cooked meat will be there. Get close to it, first though.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:24 am