Gothic 3's world
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Gothic 3's world

Well, gothic one's world was very good. It had a good feeling. But gothic 2 was a bit big to run all the world. And the quest were more difficult, and it wasn't enough experience. And the music and the other things changed a lot. Like the water. The water was flowing in gothic 1. Let me say it was a real good idea to do it, but the water wasn't so beatiful. But it was flowing. Not like in gothic 2. The water became more ugly, and it wasn't flowing anymore. I hope in gothic 3 the water will flow again. And in gothic 1 the world had a better morale. Well.. gothic 2 was more betiful, but it lost that good morale what gothic 1 had. They say in gothic 3 they were work a lot. The morale will be like gothic 1's morale was. And the music is one of the most important things in gothic (and in every other game). It will remind us for gothic1. (of course it won't be the same) And gothic 1 is small world, gothic 2 is about 4 times bigger than gothic 1(with addon) and gothic 3 will be 3 times bigger than gothic 2 was (with addon). So yes we're so happy to hear this, but if there won't be a horse or sth. to travel, the travelling will be quite boring. (those potions weren't so good at all.) So do u know sth. about these things?
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:44 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Running through the world is a very important issue and PB knows that.
One thing that is already known is that the hero will have stamina, that allows him to run faster. This is instead of the previous speed potions. It will regenate over time, so every x minutes you can run faster for a certain period. I already have read things about your stamina not regenating in the desert, you will have to drink water, but I'm not sure whether this is still correct or not.

There's nothing official about teleportation runes or teleporters yet. But I think they will come up with something like that.

In gothic 2 there was also flowing water, in the VoM for example there is a river near the Stone Fortress. In G1 and G2 the looks of the water were restricted by the engine. With the new engine they are able to make the water much more beautiful and real.

What do you mean with "morale", I don't really know what you mean in this context.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:05 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yes the water was flowing near that fortress, but only there. If u see in gothic1, it is more real. Cuz not only there, but everywhere. (in gothic1) See a waterfall.
And about the morale: (I'm not americen, so maybe this will be bad) i meant a good feeling inside u, what the game made(i searched it in the dictionary)
Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:49 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You're talking about the feeling in the game. I didn't get that same feeling in G2 as in G1, but I did after the add-on. It really changes the game for the better.
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:29 am
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The water is the surprize elementin rpg games.For example in Morrowind the water effects are fascinating,of course not in all game.In Gothic series the "water" wasn't so important for the producers because the effects aren't so amaizing .I hope that Gothic 3 will be carefully processed & finished!!!!!!
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:27 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
There's nothing official about teleportation runes or teleporters yet. But I think they will come up with something like that.

Teleporting is a bad solution IMO, it takes away the whole point of traveling. One moment you're at one place and the next you're 10meters away from your destination. Horses would be alot better. Teleporting would just take away a piece of the feeling and when there's an option to teleport than I'm too lazy not to use it . Seeing the sights and fighting scavengers on your way to somewhere is an important part of the game atmosphere.
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:16 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's why you don't get teleport untill you've already cleared all the scavengers, hehe. In World of Warcraft for instance, you have gryphons/bat riders to get where you want(flying you between destinations), so you get to see all the sights while travelling. The problem is, when you've been lvl 60 for 6-7 months and flown the same damn routes 500 times you really wouldn't mind some teleportation, hehe. I would love to get a teleport system instead of the flight system in there now.

I like the system in Gothic really, where you are forced to walk around a lot in the first chapters, getting to know all the locations, and then being able to teleport afterwards.

I trust that PB will make a good decision though.
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:42 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

What i have read from the recent interview in WOG. There won't be any mounts.
So forget "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcon on your wrist, wind in your hair"

But we will still hopefully get "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women". Well atleast i'd like this

And here is the direct quote, which i'm talking about.

quote:
World of Gothic:
How many compromises did you accept?

KaiRo:
Unfortunately there were some ideas we had to discard with a heavy heart as they would have unnecessarily complicated the gameplay or would have simply cost to much money. Our dream of small video sequences in certain situations during the game bursted and instead we will continue telling the story with the game engine. Mounts have also been dropped as they couldn’t consistently be arranged with the world. Difficult decisions are normal in everyday life of game developers and mostly they are about the question if a certain feature is really important for gaming enjoyment or if it could rather spoil the game.

The full interview is here: http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic3/?go=interview9
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:49 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I already have read things about your stamina not regenating in the desert, you will have to drink water, but I'm not sure whether this is still correct or not.

I think that the Interview also states that the hero won't be obligated to drink/eat anything.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:42 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I hoped they'll do it.... But if there won't be any months, and u never need eat sth.(only if u're injoured) i will be a bit baaad.

But at least the wind, and the rain and the night will be there i hope...
And the hair needs to be much better.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:25 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I already have read things about your stamina not regenating in the desert, you will have to drink water, but I'm not sure whether this is still correct or not.

I think that the Interview also states that the hero won't be obligated to drink/eat anything.

This something that comes from a very early interview, so maybe to already let it go. If not, it still doesn't obligate you to anything. Stamina is used in G3 from running faster (instead of speed potions) and maybe some other things. If you don't want to drink this only means that you can't run with your "speed potion"-speed.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:37 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I can see your point. But still, it isn't a very important thing the way I see it, as long as they find a way to travel.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:17 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

well i know it but... We'll see
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 pm