Usergroups
What YOU would like to see in Gothic 2.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
radioman970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1. More small graphic nuanses. I've only played the demo (waiting for full to come in the mail) but I'd like to see more small insects buzzing around (swarms of bees and butterflies) and birds up in the sky.

2. Better water texture. How about grass like DEADLY DOZEN.

3. More characters like MUD. Wait! Wait! Not nesessarily annoying characters. But realistic regular people. Beggers, hermits, even handicapped people with missing limbs.

4. Animals you can ride or that follow you around like dogs and cats.

[ This Message was edited by: radioman970 on 2002-04-06 09:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: radioman970 on 2002-04-06 10:01 ]
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:56 pm
Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

i dont know if beggers are a good idea
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:59 pm

Maybe I have mental issues, but I would really like to see more women in the game, I mean, I love women, I love to kiss,pick up, have sex with women, and its an important part of life, so it shouldn't be left out of any ROLE playing game.
I loved Fallout 2 because its de only game (except for Omikron) wich lets you get laid.
and the horse idea rules.

they should add shields or the ability to use two weapons at the same time, in ghotic the whole 1 handed and 2 handed weapon classes is crippled, because you can't use your free hand at all.

and BETA TEST THE DAMN GAME.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:15 am

I loved everything about Gothic. If they didn't change anything and just made a new story I'd be happy.

There are a couple of things I'd like to see though. One would be the chance to choose a female avatar. Another thing would be to collect armor,or at least pieces of armor, from defeated opponents (Danicek disagrees with me about that ).

I'd also like to see one weapon change, Crossbows should have more power than a regular bow (which they do) but a shorter range. Just like in real life, in trained hands the bow should be accurate to a greater range due to it's longer, smoother power stroke. A crossbow's violent release, and heavy recoil necessarily reduce downrange accuracy. It's heavier, shorter prod results in anextremely short power stroke which cases the bolt to sacrifice energy rapidly. But If they don't do it, it's ok.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:47 pm

Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Sorry, the post above is another nony courtesy of Gig.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:33 pm
ixos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic2 expectations:

- greater focus on sound effects; certainly a larger diversity of them... remember the wrecked-ship scene? Spot-effects and Spot-sound effects... definitely a greater variety

- sleeping outside, in a tent (as mentioned here before), making a fireplace, cooking food

- greater texture detail and TnL effects in the map - a smaller map in Gothic2 by 50% over the original wouldn't exactly be small - tbh

- male to female relationships - you can build up a relationship with the opposite sex; but omitting sex (I mean, come on) - so you could have a beneficiary in the game - somone you could protect or be protected by

- first person mobility - definitely something I would want to see. Third person just edges you out of the forced-reality created in front of you

- associate atypical surroudings - more derelict, derserted, collapsed architecture - more hidden/secret areas - more ground debris

- gain recognition from NPC, invitable characters to wherever you might be going (I think this coincides with the sex-interaction issue)

- much more scalebale detail available depending on your card, from low to ultra - pushing even a Geforce 4 Ti4600 to it's knees

- more atmospheric conditions, more weather conditions, more dynamic environmental conditions - basically, more naturistic instances in the game world

- more MONSTERS!
- more SPELLS

which leads to

- better MONSTERS
- better SPELLS
- improved SPELL effects

- make Gothic2 an "un-endable" game - it's not simply winning it, it's experiencing it
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:22 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Lets add:

The ability to crawl in prone position(and develop crawling speed) to evade the enemies's sight line from the waist down.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:12 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

LOL!

Well, i wan't a bigger world in Gothic 2. I think Gothic was pretty short.
And, i think more persons to talk to, more small quests, more weapons and armors and so on...

When will Gothic 2 be released?
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:29 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Late Fall
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:01 pm
radioman970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I hope the developers read these

1. Sidekick. Like Robin (Batman), Jane (Tarzan), Stimpy (Ren) and Oates (Hall). Seriously, a regular wingman would be great.

2. Weapon wear.

3. I got experience for another guy's kills? Probably a bug but I would seem logical to get a little exp watching.

4. Fish in the water! The swimming creatures (lizard I think) were awesome.

5. In game parchment for taking notes during the game. Remember Ultima Underworld's map? I put notes all over that damn thing!!
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:21 am

I would like to see:

-More info about the main character.

-More skills like: speed, charisma.

-New animal enemies, and a class-system in the animals like molerat-warrior.

-Maybe, a creat your own character option.

-Dragons. some as friendly, some as enemie.

-Much more quests.

-A larger world.

-horses.

-The possibility to use runes without becoming a mage.

-All things the other also want.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:46 pm

Shadowbeast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

multiplayer

I really like the idea of the possibility of getting multiplayer after you beat the game, surely using your same char.Also the game was too short, and the weapons and armor too easy to get.
Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:17 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

Heres what I'D like to see

i play mmorpgs, and one of those of gothic would suck. Maybe just 2 or 3 people...

DEFINANTLY more armor. and i dont wanna be booted outta the old camp. i was SOOOOO pissed

but, if the game were on such a large scale, joining an army, you wouldnt really be a convict, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!!! join a gang

more character personalization, cuztomize looks, voice... etc. oh, and definantly the ability to specialize. i got the the point where i had mastered EVERY skill, 120 str, 113 dex, 156 mana, and i had all spells. I want the point where you can specialize in 1 handed swords till you ALWAYS get a crit, and you are oober with JUST the sword, like, Soopa master (train in it like 20 times)

women, just to be able to talk, maybe relationships...

party, i want mud, except you can give mud wep/armor, and he wont run like a !@%@! coward when enemies are near... and he CAN LEVEL UP! and if you go sword spec, he will be mage or bow spec... etc.

HUGE war thing, like, 10,000 humans vs. 10,000 orcs, the victor is chosen by who you and your 2-4 friends (pc or npc) decide to help

more recognition. I like them saying, WOW UR COOL DOOD!

In daggerfall you could make a sword, and enchant it with a bunch of skills out of a list of 50 or so. Maybe the ability to make a sword, and the damage and speed would raise the str and skill req, ya, like you have to have like level 5 in 2 handers to use a oober sword....

not having, or not likeley to have the best stuff in the end unless you go in all these optional dungeons.

time be a factor. like when the free mine was under attack, when you got there it was always taken over, i want it to be like, if you get there within, say 5 minutes, you can stop them from even taking it over...

ok im writing way too much
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 12:17 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

HMMMMNNN.....

If this game is coming out in the fall, then the topic should read: "What would you like to see in Gothic Three!!"

I have faith in Phishy Bytes.
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:44 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Hmm... I'd say:

1). Bigger map
2). More interaction with women
3). More potions, or other ways to increase skillpoints
4). Fewer Bugs in game
5). "Optional" dungeons (just for building your stats up, and
finding cool things).

And PLEASE, let the rumors I've been hearing about Gothic 2 not letting fighters use/learn magic be false! I was really hoping that they'd allow MORE freedom in learning skills in Gothic 2. There's nothing I like better than a good Fighter/Mage character!
Post Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:59 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next