View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Finished Wiz 8 - A few comments

1. Uber items.

I dislike the random nature of these. If I recall correctly there was a tomb towards the end of wiz 6 where you could pick all these up (Muramasa Blade etc) which I thought was a better way of doing things.

2. Lack of good dungeons.

Pretty all the game was in overland zones. I would have preferred more dungeons like Rapax Castle with plenty of riddles.

3. Journal

It was good that they had one but it wasn't used enough. Espically if your playing over a couple of months and you can forget bits. For example in Rapax castle your supposed to repeat 3 words to Al-sexudus and I couldn't recall the answers (And that was only 1 day difference for me)

4. Combat

A little bit slow, would be nice to be able to speed it up a bit. Also gets a bit repetitive in places (Sea caves, Ascension Peak). Once i had to fight close to 50 juggernauts just on a walk from arnika to tryton, I think that is a tad excessive.

Apart from these small issues I greatly enjoyed it. Not sure if it made my top 10 of all time but pretty close to it.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:21 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I pretty much agree with all your comments. Congratulation...
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:15 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Re: Finished Wiz 8 - A few comments

quote:
Originally posted by bjon045
2. Lack of good dungeons.

Pretty all the game was in overland zones. I would have preferred more dungeons like Rapax Castle with plenty of riddles.
Did you do the three Easter egg dungeons?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:03 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

wizardry 8 is one of my favorite games ever

but i definitely used wizfast

I dont even know how long the rapax area would take without it. A ridiculous amount of time though

That area is where I remember the most combat. Like entering the castle. I mean i was stuck in a loop where i couldnt kill them as fast as they were spawning. Hehe i think theres even a thread here or at ironworks on it, some amount of rapax like 70 in one combat I cant remember the exact number.'

Ya if you like dungeons and puzzles those are in wizards and warriors, and also in the new dungeon lords game. Neither of those games is as well made as wizardry 8.

Wizardry 8 is great. there are mods for it now too i havent tried them but they increase the replay value
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:50 am