Usergroups
Most amusing moment in Gothic.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

What's the most amusing tale you have to tell about your time in Gothic? I personally have two most favoured memories, do share yours too. :3

Firstly; I'd killed Jackal early on in the game, I wanted his heavy crossbow. Badly. I managed to pull it off anyways. Later on in the game though [ Possible Spoiler Alert! ] I came to the Free Mine, I hadn't gotten to the assault yet but I did see two guareds. I also saw the corpse of Jackal. o.O I guess what the game normally does is put him there as a third guard but of course ... I'd killed him. So I got two guards and a corpse. So I walk up to the guards and loads of mental images are hitting me, about two particularly stupid guards refusing to believe their leader is dead. 'He's dead!', 'No, he's only sleeping!', 'Then, what's all this red stuff? Eh?', 'Oh, that. That's ... ketchup. Mr Jackal is a fine fighter but he doesn't have the best table manners, Mr Gomez discovered that when he invited him over ever so politely for dinner.', '*headslaps*'. Furthermore, I was actually able to talk to the two guards as if they were still in the old camp. 'Where's Diego?', 'He's usually in front of the Castle at day--', 'Uh? What Castle? Are you stoned?'. It all fit then, yes, that's what it must've been. The game's excuse. It had the guards get so bored on duty they got stoned, so stoned that they noticed the lack of Jackal, forgetting he was dead. They must've dragged him back to the mine and completely forgotten about it all. I pity poor, dead Jackal and what those men must've done with his corpse. 'Do you think you could keep the rice inside your mouth, this time?'.

Necrophilia at its worst there, of course, fo this, the guards deserved to die ... and after I'd finished laughing, I despatched them promptly.

Secondly; This was real early in the game, I didn't know much about the AI then. I wandered into the gorge near Cavalorn's place for my first time ... I got jumped by Snappers, course. Having seen him take out other monsters, I was convinced he was strong and that he'd protect me. So I lead the Snapper's back to his hut. He looks at me, drops the bottle of wine he's drinking and legs it. 'Come back you cowardly sod!'. Eventually I manage to lose the Snappers. Afterwards, I'm out for experience and I find a bunch of molerats near his storeroom ... but who steals my experience by now being overzealous? Gah, the irony. It was funny though.

So, I guess that's it. Anyone else got any?
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:12 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Nice.

Hmm... funniest moment. I'd have to say it was when I used the cheats to insert Diego's Bow and then proudly walked around the Old Camp with it. Diego took one look at me, sputtered in rage then whipped out his bow and started shotting me. I couldn't fight back because he is immortal, so I ran like hell. He chased me all the way to the New Camp then he yelled, "Serves you right, ya thief!" Then he walked back to the Old Camp.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:20 am
Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

mine is when give you give the weed to people and they guy with the funny accent goes "if you get any more you know"
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:28 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Wruf,

I don't remember having had an especially funny experience in Gothic; most experiences I made that weren't planned for were more of the tragic kind... like that I wasn't able to control the skeletons when I summoned them first. They stampeded around the map, chasing my friends... it gave me quite some thrill .

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 2:12 am
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

First, Jaz - that's a really cool picture!

Second, this morning I was playing with a new video card that was causing my games to freeze, and at one moment I swam under water for a while and when I came back to the surface there were bubbles coming out of my mouth. Just imagine my surprise when those bubbles continued to come out for the rest of the day! I think my hero looked really silly running around like a kid with a soap bubble thing... They only stopped after I had a nap.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:34 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The first time I really paid attention to what Mud said. That guy is really sick! Another "funny" moment is to hit Mud once, and then see him run like the wind into the castle, and then out the back so he smashes into the garbage below.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:34 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-03-30 21:34, Divine wrote:
First, Jaz - that's a really cool picture!

Thanks, Divine . I feel more like myself with this pic .

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:52 am
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

I think it was the moment when I killed the last living thing in the colony, right before I went into the Sleeper Temple for the last time...
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 11:03 am
Stuart Booth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Definitely in the Old Mine when I found my first Minecrawler. Upon realising that I wasn't even denting it I started legging it back to the populated area of the mine, 3 of the Minecrawler's on my tail.

I just about wet myself when I saw the Digger's dropping tools and sprinting the hell out of there too. To have one of them sprint past me, legs whirling, was a priceless moment.

After that I have to say it might actually be the time when I first discovered 'The Killing Strike', after knocking an enemy unconscious, I then dealt another blow and burst out laughing at the level of detail the developers had instilled in the character as he really gets the blood flowing. Bit nasty I know, but it was most unexpected.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 11:56 am
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

Another amusing instance occurs to me.

It was when I first came across the guard tower near Quentin and the people there, of course, went on the offensive. 'Hey, it's a person and he's attacking and I haven't provoked him! There I was thinking Gothic wouldn't have real muggers, wahey! Ow. Wahey! Ow. Wahey! Ow. I think I'd better kill these chaps ...'.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:33 pm
Marshall Medan

ppppppppooooooooooooopppppppppp
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:50 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Odd, I don't remember anyone going poop, I remember people going pee-pee though.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:54 pm
Marshall Medan

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:58 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

My funny moment??
Was when I transfomed in a meatbug to enter in SC,when the guards saw me they all screaming "kill the beast",sometimes a meatbug can be dangerous,my second funny moment was when I enter in orcland(where Packo is) with Mud,on the way there are some orc dogs,I killed them and I found a sort of cave with a door,I open the door,get the stuff,come out and thinking to return in SC,exactly when I was get out from that cave I met an orc(guess he was shocked like me),Mud run off,I and the orc are showing our weapons(see how strong the primal instinct is??)then we start the fight and the orc was a winner.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 11:11 pm
keithlm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Most amusing moment:

Hunting with Dusty... because the FAQ's said he was immortal... so what the heck...

So there we are... I took a left right before the new camp gate... up the mountaion.... 5 or 6 beasties...

I shoot... they start running towards us...

Rusty says: "Sheet" and runs away back down leaving me to fend for myself.

Traitor.

Anyway... couldn't stop laughing enough to kill the beasties.

---keithlm
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:26 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next