Kerry (non-US)
47%
 47%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Uh... I lost my job under Clinton and got a new one under Bush actually.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:21 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Darrius Cole
Captain Waffle, Major Spend-it-all. I could almost swear I heard the same thing on Rush Limbaugh, or was it Sean Hannity? It was one of those radio guys anyway.
Well, that's disappointing. I was so proud of my creativity...
quote:
Well, I guess every dollar helps. Besides, if you are a Bush supporter you probably did not lose your job anyway.
Actually, I did lose my job along with the family business that my Grandfather started. Put me in financial ruin, too. Guess you'd declare me one-of-a-kind, eh? Gotta tell you, though, speaking as someone that was right there on the front lines, manufacturing in the US (well, at least in the Great Lakes and Midwest regions) was on life support 18 months before Dubya took office. Gotta put some of that blame with Slick Willie where it belongs.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:47 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I told you, If you are a Bush supporter you probably did NOT lose your job under his watch.

You probably support Bush, then. But before you assign that credit read my spin on things. Note I learned how to do this by reading Dubya Bush's latest book entitled, Strategery 3000: Now what ya'll know about dem Texas Boys It taught me how to strategerize and spin things just like Dubya does.

The true credit for your new employment:
You see the recession actually began under Bill Clinton. Also, the seeds for the recovery were planted when it became apparent that Bill Clinton was leaving office. Bill Clinton's "friendship" with Monica Lewinsky also played a major in preventing Al Gore from winning the White House in a close race. George Bush had no control over either of these things and therefore, he did not get you another job. Bill Clinton did. Bill Clinton got your job for you and as such you should support his party. Yes Val, you owe your job to Bill Clinton and should support his endorsed candidate, John Kerry.

If Dubya has taught me only one thing it is this, when all else fails, blame it on Bill Clinton, it is all Bill Clinton's fault.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:49 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm going to need a bulldozer to move that pile of doodoo.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:15 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It appears, Darrius, that you were already writing when my post went up. Perhaps you'd like to explain my situation?
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:27 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

dteowner, I was writing when your post went up. What exactly do you want me to explain. I have no problem applying what I learned from Dubya's latest book, Strategery 3000: What ya'll know about dem Texas Boys to explain your situation. Do you want me to explain who should get credit for your job.? Why you support Bush? The overall state of the economy? Life on Mars? What exactly do you want? Dubya has taught me to respond to all manner of questions by looking at life from the proper angle.

(Darrius plays record)
Record playing in background: "I'm spun out over youuuu"

Ohh, Val. big pile of doodoo. Even George W. Bush says that he inherited a recession and should not be held responsible for jobs lost during his term. Well, simple logic says if you are not responsible for jobs lost, you don't get credit for jobs gained. You have to take both the good and the bad, right. So, where does the political credit for your job gain go. Some politician always has to take credit. You guessed it, Bill Clinton. In fact, since John Kerry was in the Senate when Bill Clinton was in the White House he actually is more responsible for your job gain than George W. Bush. Yes, Val you have been giving George W. Bush credit that should rightfully go to John F. Kerry.

Yes, Dubya teaches us well. No matter what the facts are, they can be spun.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:46 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Methinks you've lost your mind and are in desperate need of finding it. My job gain was a direct result of the tax cut.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:21 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Val, you meant "Editorial about youth voter apathy in the US" thread?. It's not poll but you can combine the threads if you want.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:03 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Actually, I am a fan of Clinton. He was cool. Any man that is making such a public show of his presidential mandate is good enough to be president. So if I was an American and the American law did allow him a 3rd and even more mandates, I would have voted for him. Anyway, I do think that if your fav George Dubya was up aginst Good Ol'Bill he would never have gotten ellected.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:41 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I've tryed to understand, way is such a big difference betwen the way bush is seen in half of usa and how is seen in the rest of the world. He will be laft at anywhere else than in America but here is doing more then well....Why?

there are some ideeas about that but i will not bother to develop them here...I will just ask you: Why is that? Why you americans see and the rest dont?
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:22 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
As far as any President is concerned, if it happens on his term it is his responsibility, period. That means everything, good and bad. War, gas prices, terror attack, recession, economic expansion, etc. The President is The Man. So he should "man up." He is even more powerful than Val, if you can imagine that much power.

So then it must be OK to pretend that your country is doing fine by borrowing millions of dollars and pretend that the economy is booming, and then just let the next guy have to clear up the mess? *Cough* Clinton *Cough*
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:34 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I've always thought it was funny how, as reported by the US media, the economy was solid under Clinton and went totally in the tank within a month of Dubya being elected. As I mentioned earlier, manufacturing was very, very sick over a year before the election, but America wasn't told about it until the election was decided.

I'll certainly give Slick Willie credit, though. Anyone that can endure that many scandals and still have some of the highest popularity ratings in history has got to be a skilled politician.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:26 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

@ Darius:

Huh? wtf? Your crazy dude.

How can Clinton get credit for George Bush cleaning up his mess? If thats how it works then I may as well just sit here and not do my job, and wait for the pay raises to come flooding in when other people start doing my work.

Wtf?!?!
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:37 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

since im non us, i mostly care about the international stuff.

Bush is ignorant, he called checzenians terrorists and promised stuff to Russia, but in thruth russians are the real terrorists, you have seen 600 dead Russian children in the Tv, but you havent seen wuts hapend to the chezchenian children and trust me, its far worse.
Russians started the war, Checzenia was peaceful, but now russia cant handle it any more. So they want to make checzenians look like terrorists to the world. The russian government admited they didnt care bout the hostages in Beslan, they just wanted to kill the 'terrorists', this is supposed to be some 0 tolerance policy against chezenians.
Damn russians dont give a dam bout their own country, wich is getting worse every day, they just want to conquer foreign lands.

as youve probably noticed im not much of a russian lover, but i have my reasons.

hope i havent violated any forum rules, sorry if i did.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:01 pm
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Neither is my choice.
My guess is that the wars will continue, and foreign relations will continue to crumble as peak oil knocks on the door. The budget deficit that Bush so masterfully transformed into a black hole will continue to increase. It's funny how they actually gain votes by saying that either candidate can fight the war for oil better than the other.

Although I dislike Bush more. He's not a leader. Heck, he's barely a follower.

Last edited by Hexy on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next