Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I need some help from some semi-experts.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
some psycho
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I need some help from some semi-experts.

Hey people im about to play Gothic for the first time but im not completley as clueless as all beginners, i know some stuff.

But the questions are concerning the quests in the old camp. I know for sure that i want to joing the old camp, and i know how to complete some of the them, but there are some that i dont.

First is Nek, where can i find him. Two, when i give the sealed letter to one of the people inside the castle walls, he goes somewhere and then comes back and says some more stuff. He says i can collect my reward with some guy, which i dont know the guys name, and he says i can only find him in the day, i think that dude is a major hot shot i guess. Three, some idiot is suppose to lure me out in the night to two of his companions. He says that they stole something but in reality all they want to do is gang up on me and kick my ass. Now im preety sure i can take all three on but wut do i get if i do?

Those are about the only ones that i know of that i dont think i can complete wit out some help. I already know about the guy ant the mine that is supposed to give me a letter. I also know where to get the recipe from the sect camp for the dude ant the old camp. But thats about all i know.

Is there anything else I should complete before i jump into the second chapter? The reason im asking so many questions is cuz im gonna go to my uncles house and im going to get about 4 hours to play the game so i want to get as much done as possible (i know there is NO WAY to finish the game in just 4 hours.) So any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:10 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

1. Nek is in a little cave outside the Old Camp, with a few molerats. He is dead so take his amulet. You can either give it to (I forget his name, the guy that gave you the quest to find him) or you can keep it, it’s a good amulet for the beginning of the game, so I’d keep it.
2. This part is not a question, so I'm not sure what you want to know, but...Yes the guy is right there in the yard(in the day) near the guy you gave the letter to.
3. Not much. BTW you can beat up the other two in advance if you want to.

Well, if you complete all, or almost all, the quests for all three camps in chapter one you will get more exp, and the game will be easier.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:27 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

wait wait wait wait. are you saying that you haven't played gothic yet and your looking for answers so you can beat it faster?

that's just WRONG!!!!

dive in man!!! go in with an empty slate! start doodling with the kiddy chalk and then when you're ready get the real stuff and start writing equations!

...i think i carried that metaphore a little too far. did you catch my drift?
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:09 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

1. You can find Nek's cave outside the southern Old Camp entrance.
2. Wait until it is daytime, then you'll see two mages talking besides the mage building. Talk to the guy named Torrez to claim your reward!
3. The things you get beating those three guys are: experience, personal satisfaction , and friendship

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:24 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

To complete the game in a fast manner, you will need a strong weapon. Possibly the strongest weapon in the game is the infamous Nellik's Sword. If you could some how find this magnificant blade, your cares and worries will be over. I think Mud has a role in finding this terribly destructive sword.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:54 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

yeah and look for the legendary character Nidalap Enol Eht

he follows you around like mud except he only talks to you when you talk first. he's possibly the strongest character in the game. it's said he can even kill the invincible characters.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:15 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

And you should try to find the swamp witch so she can shave your head.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:29 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Old jokes never die.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:06 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

joining old camp is the best then you can loot aaaaallll those valuable items in the ore barons house! plus they kick you out later and you get to join the new camp and get to have some fun killing old camp NPCs
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:58 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
joining old camp is the best then you can loot aaaaallll those valuable items in the ore barons house! plus they kick you out later and you get to join the new camp and get to have some fun killing old camp NPCs

Hahaha!
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:28 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Are you saying you only get to play Gothic at your uncle's? Stay the nite with him. How frequent are your visits anyhow?

Whooboy. Aren't you going to have lotsa fun.

Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:30 am