(New) Sunken Tower
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Thread
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

orc cemetary, at least the first time. man, that was freaky my first time through....
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:03 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

@ wolfie

Mud is in the game as a little joke by the devs. Guess they are a little on the sadistic side...

I picked the orc cemetary, pretty creepy. but minecrawlers nest was a close call too, to start off, but i realised that i was far too strongfor minecrawlers to kill (with my light 2 hander i got from a dead templer, I lured a swampshark into the Swamp camp and it killed bal orun and a templer, wrecked my chances of joining the swamp camp but was worth it....)

However, you guys ever been to where the old Orc Ruins and stuff is? those noises are pretty damned creepy when your their at night, was always worried something would come running at me in the dark...
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 12:33 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Orc Cemetary!

That Super Orc Warrior scared the bejeezes outta me! Plus it runs fast and doesn't give up chase so easily. Lukor wasn't much help either, plus the became mad and started chasing me too.

Somehow... the Minecrawler queen didn't scare me at all. She couldn't get off her fat a$$ to chase me anyway, and it's not like she spawned warriors to attack me or something. I literally ran circles around her while leisurely picking up her eggs.

After the Orc Cemetary... eh... stuff was scary, but you've already suffered your first bite. Didn't anyone see the big skull door? Whoooo!
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:19 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
@ wolfie

Mud is in the game as a little joke by the devs. Guess they are a little on the sadistic side...

The "real" Mud is even more on the sadistic side.
http://www.nielsruf.de/

The story behind Baal Netbek is also pretty funny. Search the forums if you don´t know it.
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:18 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Orc Cemetery. Baal Lukor's plunge to insanity = *****

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:31 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Wow, you missed the creepiest place of all, the end of the world. Where the mountains turn into one hugh cliff that goes straight down, and all you can see is fog. If you fall off the edge, you fall for awhile and then just land on nothingness. Now that place freaked me out the first time!
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:02 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Suicidal Cockroach
Wow, you missed the creepiest place of all, the end of the world. Where the mountains turn into one hugh cliff that goes straight down, and all you can see is fog. If you fall off the edge, you fall for awhile and then just land on nothingness. Now that place freaked me out the first time!

What? You must have cheated to get there, didn't you?
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:14 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The knowledge that you can fall off the edge of the world is well-forgotten. Maybe because only a few people made it back to talk about it.

If you don´t know it you should have a look at ffbj´s great screenshot showing the 'Rain of Fire' spell from below the world. Amazing stuff.
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:47 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyPaladin
What? You must have cheated to get there, didn't you?

Not at all, it was just a really long walk. Though I don't remember how I got there, that was probably about six months ago. But I do have a saved game right there. Here's the jump I was talking about. http://newspics.rpgdot.com/imageview.php?dir=gallery/Gothic/Screenshots/&name=r_ifalldown.jpg

http://newspics.rpgdot.com/imageview.php?dir=gallery/Gothic/Screenshots/&name=r_PlaneGuard.jpg Hey, I saw that floating island (or tower) but I never figured out how to make it there. So how do I?
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:42 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Dude! Nice jump!
forget your parachute?
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:39 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

The edge of the world you can reach is above the Orc Cemetary. Just climb the mountains and eventually you'll get there.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:37 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Minecrawler nest

It's quite scary when first entered it. It remind me of Alien Vs. Predator. But after a while, i start gun blazing anyway...
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:48 pm
CrimsonJam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The absolute creepiest place is the abandoned mine. There's no way out, help!!!
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:58 pm
Razorwings18
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Definitely the minecrawler's nest. You're all alone in a dark maze full of tubes where (I thought) minecrawlers would pop up any second. I played as a ranger, and wasn't a good one by that time. Expecting more than one mc a time in that dark place was a really creepy thought.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:18 am
¥Evan Green¥
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Scariest place in Gothic

The whole Orc Land is scary in my opinion, though the new mine scared me at first(when Thorus tweaked and beat me.) Besides, the Orc Land encompasses all of the nastily places in the end, I couldn't even kill the orc dogs with Uriziel. Xardas' old tower is my second vote, I was absolutely scared of those zombies, until I got some quick fire Death to the Undead goin'. The other part to that is the entrance, having to swim down so low and then back up, into another identical pool of water where the critters reside.
Post Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:30 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next