Teleport spell !?!?!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
linkitch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Teleport spell !?!?!

This spell I don't know, cause when I got it told in the game no Spell appeared in the Spell inventory. What do I do, can someone tell it to me, and if I know it will it work?
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:16 am
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

There's no teleport spell in this game AFAIK. To teleport, you must activate the Teleporters. The strange crown-like structures you find in some places. You activate them by standing in the middle and casting Mega (or is it Aam?)-Spacium. You must activate all of them individually to be able to go from place to place.
HTH
Ð
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:01 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I have this problem too. The snake lady told me about the Mega Spacium spell, and gave me the two runes; I "used" Spacium to put it in my spellbook (already had Mega), but Spacium doesn't show up in my rune collection, and apparently I can't cast it. Hope I don't have to play through the game with no teleporters! Is there a way to add Spacium via a cheat code?
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:01 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Hmm, what's your spell-cast level guys? May be this spell has a level requirements, but I double since I am a very weak spell-caster and I can cast it no problem.

Alternativly, you may have the "spacium" rune in your inventory but not in you book. If so, "use" it and try the spell again. Sounds simple, but I made this mistake , so someone else can do it too.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:58 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
Hmm, what's your spell-cast level guys? May be this spell has a level requirements
I don't think so. Due to the nature of this spell, it should be cast by anyone, regardless of level, IMO. I can't remember my level then, but I know I could cast it the moment I got it. The suggestion about having the rune in inventory but not in book sounds logical, but he says he 'used' it, so it should be in the book. Now, by 'use' do you mean double click on it, or hit ENTER when the rune is highlighted? There is a difference IIRC.
Ð
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:04 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I pressed "F" on it. It is definitely not in my inventory, but it isn't in my book either... seems to have vanished... and as for casting the spell, I'm assuming that the reason it doesn't work is because the rune isn't in the book and not merely because of my lousy mouse-drawing skills.

I just noticed from the guide on this site that there seems to be another "spacium" rune around, so I guess I'll hunt that down and try it before panicking.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:15 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There is a simple check:
If after drawing the spacium rune its image does not appear in the top right conner of the screen, then it is not recognized. If it does appear but is crossed, then the rune is recognized but is not in your book.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:42 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thanks, Merz. That was helpful, but now I have the other rune anyway.
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:53 am
linkitch
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay I thought the thread was dead, that's why I didn't answer it...
I have gotten it to work, it was because it just didn't show up in the spell book, and you can't really cast a spell you don't know.
But now that i know that it was Aem-Spacium I just looked in the Runes section the Arx Fatalis homepage, then I knew the spell, I tried it out and WEEE !!! it worked...
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:01 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

you can't cast a spell you don't know? I only have 2 spells at the moment, Ignite, and Fire Field (a level 7 spell) I'm only level 1, yet Fire field seems to work every time. I mistakenly thought it was a level one spell (had the wrong page open) These are the only 3 runes I have, and it always seems to work. I've been checking for other spells, but I miss the runes.
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:11 pm