G3 presentation and interview at GC
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

G3 presentation and interview at GC

IŽve arranged a meeting with somebody from Koch Media and KaiRo from PB at the GC. WeŽll only have about 1 hour for 3 games, so time is a problem.

Is there anything you think needs clarification? Any questions youŽre dieing to have answered?
Please avoid things which are well known by now and naive questions like "how many NNN will G3 have ?".

Last edited by Gorath on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:51 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Well i'd love to know things like how they have improved melee fighting and magic-system.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:18 pm
LordHagen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know jowood want's "world domination" and will release the game soon in england/US , but what about the rest of the world? By the past, english-speaking country's were neglected and they shouldn't do the same errors. And where I live, France, more and more people knows about gothic3 and lots of them will certainly buy it when it hit stores, if it comes out before 2008 in french (I believe the same runs for spain etc...)
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:15 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Will you be able to have the hero crouch?
Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:41 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

- We've seen artworks from almost all six different population group, except for the Forest People ("Waldvolk" in the german interviews). Can we get some screens, artworks from that group? Or if not: will the Forest People have a Robin Hood kind of style (hunter-type) of more like Lester and Psionics.

- Will bow- and crossbowsystem also change, will it be more like in Enclace? In other words with a crosshair and aiming with the mouse, and damage zones. So you can aim on an arm, head, chest etc, instead of a locked square around the target like in G2.

- In one of the latest interviews KaiRo told about the bonusses which a certain profession (gladiator, smith, etc.) would give. He called them "Perks". In that interview it sounded as if it was still a nice idea, but wasn't into the game yet at that time. Is it already implented and can he give some more examples.
As a gladiator will it be cheaper to learn fighting, as a smith will you be able to make stronger weapons, or improve excisting weapons? That sort of things.

- Can we get some ingame screens with a clear view on the NPC's. We've only seen a few models and some screens with a little puppet in the distance.

- About the smith profession: Will we get a special smithing inventory (like in Sacred) were we can choose a sword/armor and the "ingredients" we want to use, say amulets, rings, dragonblood etc. Or will it just be a "Forge Longsword"-sentence, like in Gothic 2. Will the water bucket and whetstone be used this time or only the forge and anvil?

- About the special moves: Are the developers familiar with the fighting system from Severance Blade of Darkness, if so will G3's fighting system be similar?

That's all for now, I probably think of more.
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:54 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Why o why is Sem interested in the smithy?

@Dez What I read about the melee system: not percentages, but combo's can be learned now. Perhaps the question is then: Do we go for a Mortal Kombat like game (hit lots of buttons in a certain order) or is it just done by clicking again and that the combo will be done out of itselve?
NFG member
Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:14 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
@Dez What I read about the melee system: not percentages, but combo's can be learned now. Perhaps the question is then: Do we go for a Mortal Kombat like game (hit lots of buttons in a certain order) or is it just done by clicking again and that the combo will be done out of itselve?

That is similar to my question about Severance, there you must also make a combination of buttons to make a combo.
For example there it was someting like:
ATTACK + LEFT, ATTACK + LEFT+ DOWN, UP
"ATTACK": is attack button (Severance is not mouse based yet)
"+": indicates that you must press the button simultaniously
"UP, LEFT, etc": arrow key, you might have guessed that.
I like the Severance-style, otherwise it's just clicke-the-click-click.

Two more possible questions:
- When will the official Gothic 3 page be launched? Although I'm happy with the teaser page, I would really like to see the real thing.

- Can we get some (minor) spoilers about the story?

@Bart: it not the just the smithy, it's the steel that makes it interesting. Just spend a month working on a shipbuilding yard, and working with loads of steel has something special, you know.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:06 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Will the game run on my Radeon 8500

I don't think that the fighting system will be so action oriented like in Severance because G3 is still a RPG. I would really like to go to the GC myself to test the new fighting system because i fear it could be like that in Morrowind but i trust PB to make it right.

So a question could be: How does G3 handle fights against multiple enemies. In G1 and G2 that was a pain in the ass because you always had to run a lot or you needed to find a spot where the enemy couldn't move to like in G2 in the old world where you entered the castle.

And another question: What new spells will the hero be able to cast. Sometimes i would have wished i had a spell like in Baldurs Gate where you can cast a sphere around an enemy and he can't move for some time (at least 3 minutes). Spell casting took imho too long in G1 + G2 but i think that's only because you can't press space bar like in BG and take all the time in the world to search for an appropriate spell if you know what i mean.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:47 am
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Can we see The Hero?
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:35 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk
So a question could be: How does G3 handle fights against multiple enemies. In G1 and G2 that was a pain in the ass because you always had to run a lot or you needed to find a spot where the enemy couldn't move to like in G2 in the old world where you entered the castle.

I never had to do that, I always chopped them in pieces very quickly. Shouldn't you be asking:
How does G3 handle fights against multiple enemies when you are a too low level.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:46 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

@ Sem

Yeah, perhaps it's no good idea to focus on strong enemies when you are low level but i dont want to wait til i'm level 30 until i can fight multiple orcs.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:43 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

quote:
Originally posted by Ratavuk
@ Sem
Yeah, perhaps it's no good idea to focus on strong enemies when you are low level but i dont want to wait til i'm level 30 until i can fight multiple orcs.

Well when you're on a great distance, you can still use magic and so fire up a bolt. This way you can lure orcs almost one by one to you.

On topic: How have they changed the selling stuff now. I liked the Gothic 1 the most, cause you were able to correct a mistake. I hope they've made some small changes here too again.
NFG member
Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
On topic: How have they changed the selling stuff now. I liked the Gothic 1 the most, cause you were able to correct a mistake. I hope they've made some small changes here too again.

Buying an amulet for 1000 and later selling it for 150 kind of.. how do say it... sucks. What was the difference with G1, never played it.

Another question
- Will there be specific merchants, for example weapon merchants that give higher prices for weapons than say food merchants? A little bit like Halvor, the fish dealer, that gives you a better price for silver when you are a thief.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:17 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

Well when you're on a great distance, you can still use magic and so fire up a bolt. This way you can lure orcs almost one by one to you.

Thanx Bart. But isn't that a little bit a cowardeous approach

I think that's what some people didn't like in Gothic. They don't want to be cowards. They want to go direct into the battle without being sneaky.
Perhaps they should change that in G3. If i want to fight like a Barbarian why can't i be one instead of being a thief for example. But i don't want to say that you should be able from start to fight the strongest beasts in a pack. The only thing i want to say is that fighting against more than 1 enemy (not only orcs) should be done different.

So a question could be: How ist character development handled this time in G3. Will it be possible to make your character much more different through the game.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:11 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

now i heard that there will be a part in game that you would have to retake some keep or city from the orcs (if u haven't joined them that is ).

about that instance: how large is the battle scale that we're talking about? and will you be able to, let's say, give orders to other npc's to form your attack the way you want it, or maybe control a party or something...?
Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:54 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next