View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

levitate and quick key

Two questions:

1. I made an equisite amulet of levitate. It works when It is not put in quick key. Not sure why, maybe a bug?

2. I know that azura 's shrine is supposed to be on the East side of Molag Mar, but so far, I still can find it. Any hint is welcome.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:23 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: levitate and quick key

quote:
Originally posted by kingsorel
Two questions:

1. I made an equisite amulet of levitate. It works when It is not put in quick key. Not sure why, maybe a bug?

When defining your quick key, be sure to identify the object as a 'magic item' (IIRC) rather than an 'inventory item'. If you do it right, hitting the quick key will put your character into 'spellcast' mode, ready to invoke the enchantment. If you do it wrong, the character just puts on the ring, but won't be prepared to cast the enchantment from it.

Or, it may be a bug.

quote:

2. I know that azura 's shrine is supposed to be on the East side of Molag Mar, but so far, I still can find it. Any hint is welcome.

It's east of Molag Mar --- way east. In fact, if you start from the SE most corner of the main island, and swim up the east coast, you won't be able to miss it.
Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:50 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: quick keys

I solved the quick keys problem. Thanks. But another one came up. I enchanted a belt and named it "Belt of Water Walking". It worked when I put it on, but it does not show on the magic list. This means that I cannot use the quick key. What 's the problem here?
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:24 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: re: quick keys

quote:
I solved the quick keys problem. Thanks. But another one came up. I enchanted a belt and named it "Belt of Water Walking". It worked when I put it on, but it does not show on the magic list. This means that I cannot use the quick key. What 's the problem here?

I think you may have stumbled upon an exception to the rule.

Did you enchant it with a 'constant effect' spell, or a 'on use' spell?

If you did a 'constant effect', then you never really cast it -- so it might not show up in the 'magic item' list. If you want to quick key it, try doing it as a 'inventory' item -- the act of putting the belt on will automagically cause the spell to be cast.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:35 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Do you mean the huge statue at the shore?
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:59 am