Help Cure Vampirism
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Help Cure Vampirism

I need to cure vampirism and i need 2 get 5 empty grand soul gems. Where do I find those?
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:29 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

the mages guilds have some - steal them or join the guild.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:34 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

which mages guild has them? i already checked a few. and noone will sell them 2 me cause noone will talk 2 a vampire
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:49 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

the soul gems are in the show cases.

Alternatively you can find soul gems in dungeons. Unfortunatetly at early levels you find little to medium sized ones, only.

Chest contents are leveled in Oblivion - a big problem for a vampire at early levels.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:29 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Not only the mages guild but some alchemists shops also have grand soul gems. If the merchant refuses to speak to you because of your condition, simply use your Seduction power on them, it ought to make a difference.
When I was looking for the gems I was lucky to find two inside a relatively large dungeon situated not very far from the witch's house. It's name escapes me, but I'll go have a look this evening and post my result later if it's needed.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:34 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

It's easiest just to buy them from shops (make sure the gems are empty, though) rather than trying to find them in dungeons, in my opinion.
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:25 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Keep in mind that drinking the blood of others will "fight off" the vampirism and make you appear more human. People will talk to you again after that.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:12 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes but once you start drinking blood you are becoming more and more a vampire! - you have to maintain the 'drac-thirst' - keep an eye on the stats "days as a vampire" and "necks bitten" etc'

Although i kept a close watch on my stats, i suspected something strange after being visited by the dark brotherhood agent while asleep. the following night i got this message again while sleeping-->

..the following morning i awoke with this message...

... yes i have been well and truely Vamp'd. My eyes are slowly turning pinkish-red, if i stand in the sunlight, even daylight, my life-bar slowly drops, the fast travel facility is gone, the "cure vampirism" becomes an active and desperate quest.

I had to get the five empty grand soul gems urgently, i then visited the witch and now there is even more urgency to find further time consuming ingredients required to make a spell, one of which is the "Ashes of Hindaril" a very powerful vampire (that seems familiar! - re: Asura's shrine)?

I remember the DB agent saying something about "we have been watching you, you have killed someone, we would like you to join us" ..arghhhh! this is not what i wanted...so now having learned how this game is working and not being happy with some of my wasted attribute points on levelling-up, i have decided to stop right there and begin a new game...this time there will be no murders from me..... yet another sinister (but enjoyable) twist within the game.

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:00 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I got all those messages too when I was infected with vampirism and I never drank blood -- the more time passes the more your Vampirism goes up, just like any skill or attribute from 1 to 100. Being a vampire sucks; I'd rather kill them.
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:59 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes Father of Lies,

It does make sense that vampirism becomes a skill, if you kill (as in a murder but in not battle) then you will inevitably become a vampire. It also becomes clearer why the days and the nights in the game are of equal timescale length, you can then only work during the night as a vampire and sleep by day, an excellent reverse concept. Of course installing the mod' for extended daytime would be of little use - i wonder if there is a night-time extending mod' for playing as a vampire?
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:12 am
argent1970
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

when i was infected i thoght it wasn't too bad- you get resistance to normal waepons, increased strength, etc. but there is a downside. after the third resting period the game would not let me continue playing- it prompted me to load a previously saved game. apparently i became a soulless creature of the night, no better than an animal. has anyone else encountered this? i don't know if it was the manner in which i contracted the disease ( killing a bunch of vamps in their lair ) or maybe i hit a glitch. i worked around it but it was a pain- vampires bad!
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:00 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

This is probably one of my biggest complaints about Oblivion; being 'shoehorned' into playing a character I never would have selected during character creation, but 'poof' now you're a vampire all of a sudden without even really knowing it happened.

Being a vampire creates all kinds of problems, from access to shopkeepers, to simply MOVING AROUND from place to place., not to mention it's a chore to feed, sleep so you can walk around and enjoy the daytime and the graphics that go with it. I think it's a huge headache and incredibly annoying IMO.

Yeah, you can do the convoluted quest to 'undo' the vampirism, but still, if I wanted to play a vampire, shouldn't I have been given that as an option instead of having it forced on me?
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:32 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes Sir Markus, it's true vampirism is pushed on you but only if you murder it seems?

I'm currently trying to work out the difference between an assault and murder, if you go into a dungeon or cave and get in a perfect stealth shot with the bow - it is assault, even on a bandit! - yet if you allow the opponent to get the first strike, it isn't registered as an assault, you can then legitimately kill (self defence). How is murder defined in Oblivion? - obviously someone killed while asleep registers - but during a quest? When i did the Thoromir/graverobbers quest i sneaked and killed the guys in the vault - it showed in the stats' as murder. This has turned into a nightmare obsession, i'm forever looking at the stats when an opponent goes down to ensure i am not a murderer and consequently a vampire.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Wulf, I really don't think there's a connection between murders and vampirism (by the way I also recorded a murder during a quest when I attacked and killed my adversaries before they had the chance to draw their weapons; it was the sirens quest, where a group of women trick men so they can steal their possessions). There's really two steps: you first contract the illness, with the pseudo latin name, and then if it's not cured in time you are 'rewarded' with vampirism, starting at low level. It's not really pushed on you anymore than the many other diseases you can get, and the vampire has to touch its victim. It's just, I suppose, that vampirism is particular: I hated being a vampire and didn't lose time searching for a cure but I've always wondered if being and remaining a vampire gets you special quests.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:20 am
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

about vampirism I didnt know when it came to me, i had something in my "affecting spells list" draining my fatigue but not enough to undo the natural recover, every time I slept I became something, registered as vampire but the sunlight couldnt hurt me and villagers were ok with my appearence although changed, became more aged and pink-red eyed. I loaded a previous game then I took a blessing from Bruma cathedral, the draining was off and I could sleep without problems.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next