Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finished the game. 1 question remains to be answered...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Finished the game. 1 question remains to be answered...

Right after having spent 40 hours and 33 mins on gothic 2, I've finally finished it. It was a great great game though there were obviously loads and loads of bugs (but hey it was very enjoyable anyhow).
Bit sad that the dragons were SO easy though
Can't wait till the expansion arrives in the english version so I can get a real challenge out of the game =)
The question that remains to be answered is this:
Xardas' old tower in the valley of mines (now called Demon Tower or something like that) has a gate which is locked (in the room where the demon resides). I never managed to figure out how to open that one. Is it even possible? It annoyed me a great deal that there was obviously something behind it but I couldn't access it =)

One last thing. I truely hope that they get the original Diego voice back from gothic 1. Because the guy who did the voice for him in gothic 2 was a bit disappointing if you've played gothic 1

Oh and thanks to all the devs at piranha bytes for once again making a great game. Keep 'em coming lads
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:59 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

No you can only get i there with cheats..
too bad tough..
im playing gothic 1 right now.. im on chapter 3 the 5 focuses quest.. i relly liked Y'berion.. too bad hes gone...
i want to chang to a water mage.. but i dont know how... than.. how?
thx m8.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:25 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

If I recall correctly then you can't change once you've made your choice =)

Btw they forgot to translate all the monsters in gothic 2. Don't know if people noticed this but there are 3 stone golems which are still named SteinGolem
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:36 pm
Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

40h 33m? If you plan on replaying the game with a different guild, then explore more. It's a single player game, which means any shortcut you take is just your loss (as opposed to MMORPGs that have certain benefits to getting ahead of others).

This game offered me a solid 63 hours (save game time) as a mercenary, and I'm a very focused player (min-maxer for online games). It's because of all the extra exploring/side-quests you can do.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:43 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I took no shortcuts what so ever.
There simply just wasn't anything left to do =)
Hell I even checked a walkthrough to see if I had missed lots of quests but as it turns out I haven't (well possibly some very minor quests).
I did however not spend all my time on fighting monsters to gain levels... Don't get me wrong I did explore every part of the 2 different locations, but I didn't go through the same area's in each and every chapter to see if anything new had spawned =)

Oh and I do plan to play it again once the expansion comes out like I stated.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:32 pm