High Emperor
High Emperor

most likely not
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:37 am
Invader
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't now.

I have only Athlon 1333 Processor, GeForce 2 Ti and 256 MB RAM.

I just play DEMO and I don't have problems with graphics and speed in game

I'm just waiting. I wan't full version
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:27 pm
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I just tried out the demo, and i'm positively surprised.

I ran the demo in 1024x768, 16-bit colour, texture and character detail high, viewing distance 260%. It ran perfect! (except for a minor slowdown sometimes)

I played it with a 800mhz, 512 mb, Geforce4 Ti4200
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:43 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The demo is certainly faster than the full game though. From what I gather the sticking point for speed in G2 is AI, and the demo eliminates almost all the NPCs that aren't visible from the demo areas (particularly in Khorinis).
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:25 am
Danny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah, i read that some time ago. A real pity. I hope i have my new PC all up and running at the time the english G2 starts shipping...
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:33 am
Phoenix_666
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What is this - need Ram time

I will add to that and say arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I need ram as well - my comp. at the moment is

AMD Duron 750 mhz (equzilent to PIII 750)

256 mb (will try to upgrade to 512 or add an extra 128mb)

and Geforce 3 32mb

so apart from ram I should be ok .

Just waiting for the game to be released now.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again." (Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time)
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:16 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

i was extremly worried about the system requirements 4 this game cause i've spent so much time thinking about when its coming out, and then i thought i'd never be able to buy it with the high requirements. but... i just got an amazing new computer that highly exeeds even the recommendations 4 the game. now all i have to worry about is where i'll get the money 2 buy the game
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:51 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Btw.. does anyone know if gothic2 will use some special geforce4 technologies? I hope so, they look awesome!

FYI, technically the GF4 can't do more than a GF3 can, it's just faster and features an upgraded architecture (two Vertex shaders instead of one being the major difference.) As for the support, as far as I have understood Piranhas' comments the engine wasn't optimized for DX8.x compliant cards, so I doubt there's a lot GF3 or higher show that GF or higher don't.

I've played it on a 800MHz PC with GeForce II MX 400 and 256MB RAM. Outside of certain locations the game was very smooth, however, heavy performance drops in the town of Khorinis and in the last location in the game. And the game definitely benefits from 512 MB RAM compared to 256 because the constant loading affects the framerate and once in a while might even freeze the game.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:45 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I experienced the town of Khorinis performance drops, too; my machine's an Athlon 1700 with 512 MB RAM and a GeForce4 Ti 4200. It took a while for the textures to be loaded, especially after a teleport. As soon as the textures were loaded, however, the game ran well.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:46 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Well, folks I think I've finally gone overboard. I just built my own PC. It the best of the best. I built it all in anticipation of Gothic 2's release! It has:
- The new Athlon AMD +2800 prossessor.
- Three 512 DDR memory chips = 1.536GB.
- The new nVidia Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128 Video Card.
- Two massive 7200speed 120GB hard drives.
- Sound Blaster Live 2.
- The best motherboard out there, with the nVidia2 chipset.
- High tech surround sound speaker system.
- Bluetooth cordless laser mouse & keyboard.
- Beautiful Aliminum alloy case with 13 slots and mulitple USB ports on front and back, and Glass top and side panels with florecent blue lighting.
- Spiffy little water cooling system, makes for better cooling and great looks through the glass side panels.
- Windows XP on one hard drive.
- Windows 98 on other hard drive.

(The System is better than any alienware there is. It's designed to run any game for best possible performances.)

I only spent about 1,800 dollars. I lucked out and won a couple hardware peices... another story. Ask me if interested.

Let me know if you think it will work with Gothic 2.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity

Last edited by SirDeity on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:37 am
Evil Timmy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sound Blaster Live! (or Audigy) have had and still have problems with IRQ steering. A Hercules Game Theater (especially the 7.1 version) will give you higher-quality audio with less CPU load and no PCI IRQ/IO problems.

And what's the best motherboard around?
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:04 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Are you sure thats a better sound card? Sound is extremely important to me, especially when playing first person shooter games where its essential that I know from which direction sounds are coming from. Sound realism is essential for music and DVD's as well. I'll do some research on it. If its better, I'll buy it! =P

I'm actually not sure the motherboard is the best there is right now. My cousin picked it out for me and told me it was the best. I trusted him because he's been in college for the last 6 years learning computer technology. The motherboard has more room for upgrading then I'll ever use. I'll have to ask him what the name of the motherboard is. (I threw away the box.) Just out of curiousity, what do you think the best motherboard is? If it is better than whatever I have, I'll buy it! I plan on building a secondary PC with the leftover hardware from my previous computers, so if I buy a better motherboard/soundcard I can just take the ones I'm currently using and put them into my secondary PC.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Last edited by SirDeity on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:04 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Congratulations! Enjoy the five minutes your PC is still top of the line!
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:15 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I'm pretty sure it will stay top of the line for at least a year. The processor probably won't be the best there is for that long, but the remaining hardware should be gold for a year or so. Right now, there aren't even any games (games being the most power hungry software programs any normal citizen would ever use) that recommend more than 2Ghz, 512Ram, 64VideoCard... Those three things are really where most your performance comes from. I'm pretty sure they won't be releasing any games recommending more than 1,536GBRam, 2.8GhzProcessor, or 128VideoCard anytime within the next few years. The only reason I'm buying the best of the best hardware now, is so that 3 years from now my hardware will still meet the required specifications for any PC game. (I generally purchase a new PC or build a new PC once every three years.) As time progresses technology grows faster and faster, however, what we do with that technology doesn't evolve quite as fast.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:38 pm
Evil Timmy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It won't stay top-of-the-line (nothing does, except a Cray), but it will be a great gaming machine for a few years to come.

I own a Game Theater XP, and it sounds great while providing 5.1 speaker surround sound with excellent quality. It's to the point that, using high-end Denon headphones, I can easily hear the difference between a 256kbps and 320kbps mp3. With a surround sound setup, you get crystal clear audio and very distinct surround channels. Playing BF1942, I can pinpoint anyone by sound alone; a blind man could get headshots with this sort of setup. But hey, don't trust me, here's some reviews:

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/gametheaterxp/index.shtml
http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/reviews/GameTheaterXP/gtxp.html
http://www.dansdata.com/gtxp.htm
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/gtxpreview/default.asp
http://www.guru3d.com/review/game-theater-xp/
http://www.maximum3d.com/reviews/gtxp1.htm
http://www.avault.com/hardware/getreview.asp?review=hercgt
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:26 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next