Usergroups
Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Uocjat, you seem kinda mad, but I'm not here to teach you. I will HELP you if you ask decent questions.

Learning to decompile is fairly simple....search the net. Learning to decompile an unknown source is something very different.....search the net. I'm not here to teach you my trade

I enjoy your enthusiasm, and like your weapons mods Personally I like my evil loaf of flaming bread(999 damage), but I was bored that day lol.

This thread is one of the best ever by accident. It made me play a game I truly love, and made me dig into the code and even ask the makers for guidance. My hat is off to WM, and I'd buy you a beer anytime. The hoax made the learning well worth it!

IMHO, WM blew the swampwitch hoax out of the water...nice one

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:03 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Uriziel
i aint mad at you but just at all the freaks acting like im some freakin' noob kid still thinking slim shadey is cool
the reason for this is simple
i aint a kid
slim shadey was NEVER cool
and i already know a great deal about programing,
scripting, modelling and other computer related stuff ..
and all of it comes from trial n' error
i've been messing whit the stuff seens i was 10 ( that would be for 11 years now )
and what i dont already know i will find out one way or the other whit or whitout help
i only ask for help to save time seens i for some reason still belive that some people got a bit of humaniety left in them

as for the english gothic.dat file ..
i've managed to dig up an old file from an old hard drive that contained what i needed so now an all english version of the new mod has been added to my HP
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:51 am
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well said Uriziel, well said.

At least the swampwitch had a screenshot.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:28 pm
Village Leader
Village Leader

BOKUTACHI GA KONO TOPIKKU NO MATSU NO MAE NI ARU TO OMOU NAA
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:10 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

say what
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:16 pm
Village Leader
Village Leader

Sorry, but when I'm angry/depressed I can't help writing what makes me angry/depressed in Japanese!
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:33 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Stay cool 999999999,

"everything comes to he who waits" - be as i am, unruffled by the doubting thomas's - leave them be, let them wallow in their own pool of "technical" disbelief, they speak as if they had more knowledge than the piranha's, but we know they havn't.
There is much to do yet on this subject, it is so hard to achieve, and yet i believe so simple to execute the triggers, but as yet, no-one knows what they are. I am working continuously on this behind the scenes, this is because i will stay forever loyal to all the believers.
Just let me re-assure any gothic player who may be interested, this true chromanin quest does exist, that is the truth, i would not dare lie to fellow gamers, as i could not bear to mis-represent the truth.

"Happy easter" to all.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:28 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I hope so hard you will find the proove of his existence, I really do. Than you can show the entire community that you were right and Gothic would once again be reborn.
So even though I am not helping in the search I do wish you all the best in it.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:36 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
"everything comes to he who waits" - be as i am, unruffled by the doubting thomas's - leave them be, let them wallow in their own pool of "technical" disbelief, they speak as if they had more knowledge than the piranha's, but we know they havn't.

Ummmm, dude.......piranhna bytes says it does'nt exist. Surely you can read a post....verify if you wish.

quote:
this true chromanin quest does exist, that is the truth.

Okey dokey, the devs say it does'nt exist, but you claim it does.....care to offer some PROOF instead of "believer BS"? Unlike you, I have offered very substantial proof that this is all BS....you have offered smokescreens, riddles, and "you must believe BS" Now you are starting to piss me off with this hoax. Put up or shutup....I did! The ball is in your court....offer proof, hell even make something up in photoshop....at least that would be more than the "believe" crap. I am rarely harsh to anyone, but I now think you need to grasp reality, this hoax is silly. 38 pages of HOAX! Amazing.

quote:
"Happy easter" to all.

We now agree on something in this thread...........Happy Easter!

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:33 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Uriziel

not to be rude or anything .. but many if this thread pisses you off so much make you should stop reading it and let people make up their own mind what to belife ?
this really goes for all of you haters out there
this isnt a matter of religion where we wanna convert people to serve our god
but its a matter of a great game that has many times surprised the lot of us
in basic aint we all brothers and sisters in the land of gothic ?
why should we fight eachother rather then work together ?
granted i dont know wulf or WM out side of this forum
but normaly im good at telling how people are
and what i've figured out about wulf at least is that he's an alright guy
and furthermore i see no motive what so ever as to why he should be lieing
even if he was what would be the harm ?
personaly i dont see it as a crime to make people play a great game like gothic over again
so this is my paryer to all of you if you belive that this quest is true
then join the search
if you do not belive it is then at least leave the rest of us be
do not try to convert us for we stand as one let us make up our own minds rather then point a gun to our heads should not choose your way

oh and happy easter ...
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Read my posts in this thread......I am very happy to get to play Gothic again, and have said so many times.

What bugs me is when people will NOT face reality, even when it slaps them in the face. If this thread was about tactics, or new found things....that would be great. I love Gothic! But this thread is about a hoax that for some odd reason people wish to continue.

I can't imagine how you can defend Wulf's general statements, and specfically "this true chromanin quest does exist, that is the truth", when even the devs call it a hoax. True, this hoax hurts no one.....but it is pointless....it does NOT exist.

I'd much rather everyone say HEY!! I found this, or HEY!! give this a try. But this thread is not about that. This thread is about perpetuating a hoax...simple as that....with Wulf leading the pointless way....and you blindly following.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:01 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@Uriziel
so let us be blind
it will hurt noone then ours selfs
most people can think for them selfs and by now we all know that we might nevre find anything and that is a fact that we should consitter when we make a choice whether to follow the quest or not
all i ask is that we dont turn this in to a matter of trying to prove who right and who wrong ( sadly i think we're already there )
but let it be a matter of haveing fun whit a great game
and hey if it turns out your right then i'll make a mod whit a cave and n' old make who speaks in riddels and sends you on a wierd quest
it will take a long time but atleast then we'd have a new challage we knew was possible
but for now let us find our own way people trying to convert one another is normaly the basic cocktail for wars
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:19 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Now see, that is progress. Make the mod, and I will help in any way possible Write up some fanfic, and I will definately add to it, or help as you need

Personally I think this "quest" was a great idea PB did not think of. IMHO you do NOT need to be very careful on balancing the added weapons. If someone follows the "path" they get a huge advantage.

Tell me what you have in mind.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:03 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

possibly just me but i didnt get the last part there ..

as for makeing the quest that'll propperly have to wait a while ..
if not till we've given up on up here then at least we get more prof then its not real .. ( yer i know about the mail thing but i've already explaned my view on that one )
anything else would simply be to disrespect wulf and anyone else still following the quest and that includes my self
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:12 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You talk of respect, but oddly you give none. NicoDE has stated flatly the quest does not exist, and he MADE the game. You blindly believe something YOU have not seen, and disrespect the word of the makers of the game. I don't givashit if you believe me.

Your obscure reasoning is that he somehow did'nt know another dev hid this easteregg....so the search for it is valid. Think more realistically. PB was under a deadline, they are a small company...actually a group of friends. They worked nonstop in total communication, exchanging ideas, adding input, fighting....and produced the worlds best game. They had to CUT so many things to complete the game it is sad.....but you think one of them somehow produced a hidden sidequest under that pressure??? He did'nt work on the "game" but some mythical easteregg. Get real. But WAIT! you base your faith, not on fact, reasoning, evidence, or ANY tangible thing.....you believe it because you WANT it to be true. I want it to be true also, but I can objectively assess something.

Give me ONE tangible fact, lead, or ANY evidence to even HINT this quest is possible. It is NOT in the code, the devs did NOT make it....but it exists in Wulf's mind, and yours.

Talk of respect....I have done more to find this than 600 Wulf's ever could have. It does not exist, but I get zero respect....and I gave proof!

You want me to ignore your fantasy.....ain't gonna happen. I HATE that that I am right.....but I will not allow you to dismiss me BEING right by saying I am a "non-believer" I offer the best fact I can.....try and do the same.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next