64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Thread
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

Shadowbane or Star Wars Galaxies?

Which MMPORPG Should I try this year? Im having trouble Decideing..

So Decide For me!!!

Star Wars Galaxies: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/index.jsp

Shadowbane: http://shadowbane.ubi.com/

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:51 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

We do have a MMORPG forum you know.

Backs up the U-Haul, loads the thread on then drives it over to MMORPG.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:59 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm trying Star Wars Galaxies. A 1 in 1 billion chance of being a Jedi? "Never quote me the odds."

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:32 pm
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

shadowbane all the way ... they have all the cool stuff figured out ... get to the end game faster so it doesn't take 2 years to be able to pvp with all your friends that play the damn game too much ... quick healing, little to no downtime, pvp that can affect the actual game world, player created and run cities that can be destroyed ... lots of cool playable races, and wolfpack disagrees with many of verant's design decisions and philosophies which I find a great bonus for wolfpack ... eq bites my wang with it's focus on greed and camping ...
Post Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:51 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I have played Shadowbane a LOT recently and i can tell you it kicks ass. (betatester for 2 months now)
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:08 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

hmm

Posting an opinion of Shadowbane is in essence breaking the nda agreement. People should wait for the reviews once a game is retail to buy.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:55 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I am waiting for Darkfall and SWG.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:04 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: hmm

quote:
Originally posted by Farseer
Posting an opinion of Shadowbane is in essence breaking the nda agreement. People should wait for the reviews once a game is retail to buy.

Just to inform you, Telling whether you enjoy betatesting a game, has never bin "a break" in nda agreement.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:19 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

quote:
Originally posted by Farseer

Comment on enjoyment of alpha test (it hardly reaches beta for SB) is not a NDA breach as the fanboi is not spilling game mechanics. Don't rely on the hype of a game review (most reviewers are biased), play the demo or beta yourself to judge a game.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:09 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

hmm

I have seen devs, and board admin on several sites stating the opposite. If it weren;t for that and people not wanting to break nda or get kicked from testing, I believe you would see many more very negative to disappointed posts on the subject.

I guarantee most hard core pvp,longtime followers and testers are in the WTF mode at the moment.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:43 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Beo
Comment on enjoyment of alpha test (it hardly reaches beta for SB) is not a NDA breach as the fanboi is not spilling game mechanics.

Have you read about the recent patches of SB? They have fixed a lot of issues. Also ubi beta is taking 10,000 new testers this weekend.

So, alpha my behind. Ive never bin a "fanboi". Thers just a lot of biased info about sb like your statement above.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:32 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by UBI
Beginning today, ubi.com will be sending out invitations for 10,000 additional Shadowbane beta testers. These new testers are expected to contribute to the final stages of class and discipline testing, as well as siege warfare. This new beta expansion will officially begin larger scale server stability and stress testing for Shadowbane, which is expected to continue until Gold Master. The beta acceptance e-mails will start going out later today and should be completed sometime Sunday evening. Further beta population expansions are also planned for next week.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:45 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

if it wasn't bad enough already...

I am a tester and have been for some time. All you have to do is read the beta boards if your in game. And see the opinions of 90%, non biased non fanboi blinded testers.

Ask them all to come to alternative boards and post if they are enjoying the beta? You'll get a resounding answer that might shock alot of people.
(no you cant have my beta account, thats my obligation to fullfil and shall do so till gold).
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:00 am
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Whether you enjoy sb beta or not, is not the question here but the fact that its not an alpha like som people seem to claim.

And yes, every tester in the boards was enjoying the game, atleast in europe though we had much smaller servers. You US peeps had 8x more server capacity so i dont see why you wouldnt be having som fun too.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:40 am
Vorador
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I vote for Galaxies, hands down. The game looks very awesome, and i'm especially excited about the fact of becoming a Jedi, or, even cooler, a Dark Jedi. I know it is extremely difficult and rare to become one, but im up for the challenge. the only thing that troubles me about it though is the fact of permadeath. i know this has been discussed an uncountable number of times, and to die once after putting hundreds of hours into a killer jedi and lose him/her forever freaks me out. What about Link Dead situations? back to the point, im more excited about SWG and thats what i voted for.

Vorador

Noble? Do I look like a noble knight to you?

=Member of the Alliance of Middle-Earth, the Nonflamers' Guild, the Sixth House, the RPGDot Warriors, and Digger of the RPGDot Shadows=
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:37 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next