Assassin Performs Chain Gun Cha-Cha
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Assassin Performs Chain Gun Cha-Cha

There is hope yet for those of us whose sleep is disturbed by assassins in the night. Or during the day for that matter.

Having dispatched my first would be assailant in fine style and taken his funky black costume as a trophy, I felt sure that another visit would not be far off and sure enough I was not disappointed.

While fighting through the Dwarven Ruins of Arkngthand I had reached some of the lower levels, the air was heavy with the heat of the lava pools scattered about the place and I needed to stop and heal.

No sooner did I close my eyes when I was "Awakened By A Loud Noise". Hmmmm.... for assassins these guys sure clomp about a bit don't they.

Anyway, this chap wished that he had never come for me, because he managed to park his black pyjamas in the middle of a lava pool. I needed only sit back and enjoy his rendition of Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Yep.. he was Smokin!

Incidentally, I look soooo fine in the black assassin clothes of his predecessor. But my own armour gives much better protection. Apart from looking good, is there any other reason you think I should keep these togs?

Badger.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:05 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

They sell for a lot, and if you keep selling to the same merchant they will wear the whole set, you can have a good old boogie-man-esque fright every time you enter the shop and see an assasin standing there behind the counter.

-vaticide
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:47 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

They do make a great revenue stream for low level characters. Something like 2000 gold for each complete set.

And the armorer at the Balamor Fighter's Guild looks like such a freak now.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:59 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

2000 gold? I'm selling in all the wrong places. Any shopkeeper I ever meet wants to give me pennies for whatever I'm selling. A good example is an item I just found with a 750 price tag. Shopkeeper offered 250 I think and I managed to get him up to 300.

I was actually beginning to wonder if the Tribunal update had solved the problem of traders limited money, by reducing what everything was worth. I'm sure that the last time I played Morrowind, I had much more money than I do now.

I wonder if I'll get rich with Bloodmoon. Hmmm, I suspect I'll just end up hairy.

Badger
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:30 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Badger
2000 gold? I'm selling in all the wrong places. Any shopkeeper I ever meet wants to give me pennies for whatever I'm selling. A good example is an item I just found with a 750 price tag. Shopkeeper offered 250 I think and I managed to get him up to 300.

I was actually beginning to wonder if the Tribunal update had solved the problem of traders limited money, by reducing what everything was worth. I'm sure that the last time I played Morrowind, I had much more money than I do now.

I wonder if I'll get rich with Bloodmoon. Hmmm, I suspect I'll just end up hairy.

Badger

Oooops. Perhaps I should have mentioned that my character is a Knight, which means great Speechcraft and good Mercantile. I still don't get the full value when I sell, but with a 750 gp value item, I'll usually pull around 600
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:40 am
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hey, try the creeper, who buys everything at face value, no matter how your mechantile or speechcraft is.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:47 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The great thing about that set is it's weight: A full set weights less then 10. As to the creeper, that is lame and pretty much cheating.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:03 am
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

HMMM.....how would using the creeper be cheating if he is part of the game. now, if i used the "console" command to make him have unlimited gold then yes, i would agree that it would be cheating. but if he is there, why not use him. i understand that for some people, this would make the game unbalanced, as you would have the opportunity to accumulate vast amount of gold at a fairly low level, but some people understandably would get frustrated running back and forth looking for merchants with enough gold to buy their items. i think it comes down to preference.

Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:30 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Too right

Well said!

There's lots of different opinions on things like the Creeper. Some people decide as he is there he's fair game, others are of the opinion that he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I personally consider using him "cheating", and entering the Manor he lives in is something my current character has not done and will not do. In the same way I refuse to set foot on the Mudcrab's island, refuse to Fortify Intelligence before mixing potions etc etc.

But yeah, Dark Brotherhood armour is *hard*. It looks really mean, and has an amazing AR. My current character got a full set of Chitin at level one, killed his first assassin at level two and (after stopping grinning) immediately put on all his armour. He was still wearing most of it ten levels later!

And vendors do look very odd wearing it. But not half as odd as a trader wearing a full set of Indoril. It looks like he's just been busted for selling stolen goods, and the cops have taken over...
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:50 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Well I hope that I'm going to be able to find an art lover somewhere on the island. Because I just found the two most expensive items I've seen so far. A glass dagger worth 4k and an Ebony Spear worth 10k!!

That said, I bet no one has enough cash to buy these items off me and anyway if I sell them, they'll turn out to be quest items I need later. I think I'll just take them to my hideout and store them for a while. I took up residence in "Adamastus?" Oh I'm bad with names, but it's the cave that's real close to Seyda Neen, whose resident smugglers you despatch soon after you arrive in Vvardenfell.

Actually it was a real adventure finding these items. I stumbled across "Marandus" after running blindly from "Bal Ur" where I got my behind soundly kicked and I.......... ahhh but that's another story

Badger.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:42 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Uhm... you can do something called 'creative selling' with expensive things, and in this case exploitable Creeper would be your man. Err, Scamp. But you need a lot of time, patience and lower-priced goods (i.d., 'small change') for selling high-priced items this way.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:40 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

quote:
Originally posted by Badger
Well I hope that I'm going to be able to find an art lover somewhere on the island. Because I just found the two most expensive items I've seen so far. A glass dagger worth 4k and an Ebony Spear worth 10k!!

That said, I bet no one has enough cash to buy these items off me and anyway if I sell them, they'll turn out to be quest items I need later. I think I'll just take them to my hideout and store them for a while. I took up residence in "Adamastus?" Oh I'm bad with names, but it's the cave that's real close to Seyda Neen, whose resident smugglers you despatch soon after you arrive in Vvardenfell.

Actually it was a real adventure finding these items. I stumbled across "Marandus" after running blindly from "Bal Ur" where I got my behind soundly kicked and I.......... ahhh but that's another story

Badger.

Just wait until you get armors that are worth 500k
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:31 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

its just stupid that i can own many sets of glassarmor and allmoust no one in the whole morrowind doesn't have enough gold to buy them..
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:54 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

I guess you have to make sure you are wearing clean undies if you have Glass Armour?

Unless it's like Looking Glass I suppose..... hey, that'd be great against super vain npc's wouldn't it? Just imagine the scene...

The evil warlock/warrior/beast thingy rushes toward you after you have invaded their Sanctum/Gym/Lair/Utility Room.

"Grrrrrrrr... your life is about to end, invader!......... oh, hold still a sec would you? Daaaamn, I look Goooood!"

AT which point you get a couple of free stabs with your "Dagger Of Stitch This Jimmy +2." Great stuff.

Badger.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:02 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Sounds nice sweetie
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:32 am