A couple more questions...(spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

A couple more questions...(spoilers)

I'm at the part in the game where the king wants you to investigate the death of .....some guy. Don't remember his name but I'm supposed to go around town questioning everyone. Now I started roaming around before doing this and realized I missed a cave. Remember where the Goblin won't let you enter because the trolls are on strike. In that area there is a troll guarding a fence and you have to show him a letter from the king before he will let you enter. Now across from him there is a cave that also was being guarded by a troll but now he's gone. So I started roaming around in there and ran across a troll fighting a bunch of goblins. I can't help but feel like I'm jumping ahead of myself. Like I shouldn't be in there until later on in the story. So should I continue or go back to Arx and start questioning everyone?

Also I got the gift from the troll for getting him his book with the pics of the world before Arx. Anyway why can't I use it? The necklace of trolls or goblins or whatever it is. For some reason I can't wear it.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:00 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Troll Amulet and stuff

You don't need to wear the thing, just keep it in your inventory and it will work for you. You can explore any area of Arx you find, just don't kill anyone and you will be safe. If you want a spoiler.................................

Did you go into Falons room? If not go talk to all in the castle and you will get the key to his room. This will give you more clues. The goblin level you described should really come later, so leave and come back if you want to keep more to the story line. You will also have a better idea of what to do there later in the game. Hint, don't help the fighting troll, it often ends up with you getting hurt instead. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:35 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

"Hint, don't help the fighting troll, it often ends up with you getting hurt instead."

I did. But I didn't get hurt. I didn't mess anything up as far as story did I? After that was when I left the cave. Yeah I now know I'm the big dog that's gonna save the world. One other thing, how do you cast the spell for the transporter thing? The snake lady showed me but I didn't see anywhere in my magic book that showed me how to do it....
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:17 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Spoilers

No you didn't mess up as long as the troll guy didn't get mad at you too. Just go back to city. To open the transporter, cast mega then spacium. You should see the instructions in the written pary of your log book. Look at the runes in your book and you will find these two and it will show you how to cast each if you click on them. If need more help, let me know.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:31 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Spoilers

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
No you didn't mess up as long as the troll guy didn't get mad at you too. Just go back to city. To open the transporter, cast mega then spacium. You should see the instructions in the written pary of your log book. Look at the runes in your book and you will find these two and it will show you how to cast each if you click on them. If need more help, let me know.

No he didn't get mad. I talked to him after and he said I was his friend. If I didn't have mega and spacium I guess she would have given them to me? This is kinda strange because I went through every spell on every page in my book and didn't see it.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:15 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

If you don't have te runes you would find them in your inventory. The information on the activation spell are in the quest log section of your diary not in the spell section.

Kay
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:32 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Mega Spacium

It is not a spell, but she gave you the runes to cast it. Just find the rune for each word, you have them, and cast it yourself. If you still have trouble, I'll walk you through the signs.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:41 pm